RAGE 2 Trailer Leaked

Shoot the shit.
katarn

Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Leaked

Postby katarn » Mon May 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Yep Mad Max turned out brilliant, so Avalanche could really make something very interesting here.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon May 14, 2018 7:06 pm

Replayed Mad Max only a few months ago, still great.
My face is tired.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon May 14, 2018 7:12 pm

Reading a lot of comments concerning the inclusion of Avalanche as the developers and that all id games should be strictly id only affairs. Bullshit I say.

Think about it for a moment, id themselves have to date yet to make a proper fully orchestrated open world game and have always gone down the hub based route instead while Avalanche have been pretty much crafting those and only those kind of games for a decade. It makes perfect sense for Bethesda/id to bring them in especially after the stellar work they did on Mad Max (JC3 was made by a different Avalanche studio hence why it was so poorly optimised by comparison) so the kind of open world game RAGE 2 will no doubt be will be a solid and fluid fps only one on a scale we have never seen from Bethesda before. That's to say Bethesda's previous open worlds while as great as they can look can often leave a lot to be desired elsewhere so having a team who have practically invented the open world genre as we know it today with the original JC2 back in 08 will undoubtedly be an endless step up to what id could have come up with without them.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Avalanche are a good studio, but I wouldn't say their open worlds are really up there with the best of them, tend to have a bit too much generic content in them. So, I can understand the concern, but with the help of id there is the potential to make something interesting.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

STuG

Postby STuG » Tue May 15, 2018 8:11 am

I remember the original being mildly diverting, but my main memory is that version of the id engine virtually refusing to function on AMD GPU hardware at the time of launch.

Took me a year to play the game after an upgrade to Nvidia tech.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue May 15, 2018 9:26 am

To be fair that engine barely functioned on Nvidia cards either on launch. Good old Megatextures.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 am

Prey wrote:having a team who have practically invented the open world genre as we know it today with the original JC2 back in 08

Mmmm gotta stop you there Dave, the pedant in me won't let that pass :)

JC2 was 2010, and I would say that the open world in JC2 owed plenty to Pandemic's 2008 epic Mercenaries 2, albeit on a bigger scale. Regardless though, I would argue that the team who invented the open world genre as we know it today is Rockstar. Bethesda get a mention - Morrowind was released at the same time as GTA3 (same month and year) but for me Rockstar wins the accolade.

Thing I can't stop thinking though... Mad Max style FPS set in an open world.... Isn't that Borderlands? :lol:
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue May 15, 2018 11:18 am

Away you both go, 1995s Quarantine! You drive around, picking up passengers and doing missions. Its the seed for GTA and Crazy Taxi! ¬_¬ Right enough that might count as rockstar since Rockstar absorbed Imagexceland made them a bloody port team :( Also, GTA3 came out a couple of years after Rockstar absorbed them, follow the money!
Snowy wrote:Thing I can't stop thinking though... Mad Max style FPS set in an open world.... Isn't that Borderlands? :lol:
Not necessarily, it could differentiate itself by being good :twisted:
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue May 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Gameplay Trailer.

I like the colour effects, I do not like the motion blur or the weightless looking combat. All in all it looks pretty average.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue May 15, 2018 2:47 pm

I like what I’m seeing, looks fun!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue May 15, 2018 2:58 pm

Rage 2 is set in an open-world, a wasteland of varied locations and many factions vying for control of what’s left of humanity.

You play as the last Ranger, Walker, and you’re going after many gangs as well as The Authority – an oppressive faction who took everything from Walker and left them for dead. Outside of shooting, you’ll also rely on a devastating elemental arsenal called Nanotrite powers.

Weapons seem like they’re going to play a big part of gameplay, as you’ll be able to upgrade them and push them beyond their limits with Overdrive. Vehicles too are a big focus, as is car combat. The list of driveable vehicles includes buggies, monster trucks, and gyrocopters.

Some seem convinced that Avalanche have crafted the car side of the game while id has crafted the actual shooting aspect. I don't know about that as I agree with DJ the shooting looks very 'floaty' and not quite right somehow. Still it does look like a complete blast regardless and isn't out for anything up to a year yet so plenty of time to tighten things up.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue May 15, 2018 3:04 pm

So you're playing a Ranger... called Walker?

Is it based in Texas by any chance? :lol:
My face is tired.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue May 15, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm certainly interested. I'm not sure there's enough there for me to really judge the feel of the combat - there certainly seem to be some odd movement mechanics going on.

Given that this (the sequel to a game nobody bought) is possibly going up against Borderlands 3 (the sequel to a game that millions bought) and with likely similar theming, it'll be interesting to see whether it has more of a hook than big guns and wasteland mutants going for it.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue May 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Yeah that looks like it could well be a laugh.

Co-op pls.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed May 16, 2018 12:07 am

Much as I loved Mad Max but the stuff not relenting to the car was pretty poor and a bit tiresome to deal with.

Hoping that they change the shooting as it looks way off and spongy like Borderlands style.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action