RAGE 2 Trailer Leaked

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

RAGE 2 Trailer Leaked

Postby Prey » Mon May 14, 2018 7:56 am

Bethesda was strongly hinting at an official Rage 2 announcement today, but someone pulled the trigger early.

The reveal trailer for Rage 2 made its way on YouTube earlier, but was quickly pulled. Not before it was mirrored, though, and we have one for you below.

This is a live-action, tone-setting trailer. It only helps establish the game’s (probably) sassy attitude and wasteland setting. It sadly doesn’t mention the developer’s name, give a release date, or confirm platforms.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/05/14/rage-2 ... l-trailer/

Loved the original RAGE (initial few weeks of tech issues aside) it was a solid shooter with some great enemy AI and excellent game design. Word is the sequel is possibly being handled by DOOM's core tech team so yeah...bring it on. Expect an official reveal tomorrow.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Leaked

Postby Sly Boots » Mon May 14, 2018 9:15 am

Going to side with Prey on this one, I enjoyed Rage, in addition to the shooting some of the little gadgets you could craft on the fly were pretty fun and innovative, and the inclusion of an enjoyable CCG was unnecessary yet something I played a silly amount of. For whatever reason I've never replayed it (though reading this thread has made me eye it with a thoughtful stroky-chin face a couple of times), but I'd consider buying a sequel, sure.
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon May 14, 2018 10:37 am

I too enjoyed RAGE, but oft, that ending.

Am I sensing some correlation between RAGE and Far Cry 2 lovers? There seems to be a definite cross over there to me. :D

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon May 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Good-looks and animal magnetism, that kind of thing?
My face is tired.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon May 14, 2018 1:49 pm

Rage 2: Surprise! It's a Battle Royale!

Mark my words...
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 14, 2018 2:14 pm

There was only one thing I enjoyed in Rage and that was the pistol, everything else was the definition of average.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon May 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Vintage Andrew W.K.?
Whew.

Gameplay reveal tomorrow, supposedly. :-k
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Being developed by Avalanche.

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon May 14, 2018 2:44 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:There was only one thing I enjoyed in Rage and that was the pistol, everything else was the definition of average.

Aye for the hype around it turned out pretty sad.

No way for a Battle Royal for it as they will want to use the idtech engines and that has no way to handle that many people or large open areas.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon May 14, 2018 2:51 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:Being developed by Avalanche.
Oh no. If it's some dull third person open-world slog of a game...
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Mad Rage

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon May 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Sly Boots wrote:Good-looks and animal magnetism, that kind of thing?

Spot on! Total nail on the head stuff from our tip tip sexy man Sly right there. :D

DjchunKfunK wrote:There was only one thing I enjoyed in Rage and that was the pistol, everything else was the definition of average.

AveRAGE more like. Boom!

I'll get my coat...

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon May 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Rage 2 is developed by Avalanche Studios, its official website has revealed.

"Developed in association with Avalanche Studios, trading as Fatalist Entertainment AB," reads the small print at the foot of the Rage 2 website.

The phrase "in association" suggests other studios are involved, no doubt Rage developer id Software.

We also have some detail on the game. It's due out for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and it's an open world first-person shooter. Here's the official blurb:

"Dive headfirst into a dystopian world devoid of society, law, and order. Rage 2 brings together a true open world FPS experience where you can go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything."

The decision to go with Avalanche for Rage 2 makes a lot of sense. The studio has a huge amount of open world blow 'em up experience with the Just Cause series, but it also made an open world Mad Max video game for publisher Warner Bros. The first Rage game seemed inspired in part by Mad Max, and Rage 2, based on its teaser video, looks like it's heavily-inspired by Mad Max: Fury Road.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... ked-teaser

Developed by Avalanche? Fuck yeah. Mad Max goes first person!

edit: I know not everyone is a fan of their open world gaming structures but this is genuinely music to my ears. Others will no doubt not be sold on it at all.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon May 14, 2018 4:16 pm

It's one of those things where the Devil is in the details. With the right efforts in all the right places it could be great.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon May 14, 2018 4:22 pm

It also solves the mystery as to why Avalanche went off the radar right after Mad Max released and what they have been working on since 2015. Someone at Bethesda stood up and took note of their hard work and landed them the gig no doubt and it will also have something to do with them using Avalanche's very own engine rather than anything id tech based as they obviously already have the perfect tools to make such a game that can handle both large open worlds and masseev explosions.

Mad Max if anything was pretty much a prototype for whatever this turns out to be and considering that was my favourite game of 2015 I can't help but be very excited now for tomorrow's unveiling.

Next

Return to FPS & Action