[RUMOUR] Black Ops 4 Has No Single Player Campaign

Shoot the shit.
eVoL

Re: [RUMOUR] Black Ops 4 Has No Single Player Campaign

Postby eVoL » Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 am

Id be interested in CoDs take on BR because I really hate the way both the big ones shooting feel. Not interested enough to pay £50 for the privilege mind you. Also, and this may be the smallest of small but I kind of appreciative them acknowledging that BR is already a big thing rather than the usual "WELCOME TO DA FUTURE OF WAR WE MADE!" like Apple infuriatingly does every fucking year.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat May 19, 2018 12:26 pm

It's sad to see a one time trend setter resorting to following trends especially ones that even a game like CoD may have an uphill struggle to reach the lofty heights of its already established nay global phenomenon based competitor. BLOPS 4 looks just like what everyone else is saying a reskinned BLOPS3 that is taking ideas from R6 Siege and making Zombies far too much of a primary selling point when hardly anyone I know including myself even touches that particular game mode. 140 thousand dislikes on the announcement video is not something that should be ignored.

While the move to the Blizzard app will have a positive knock on effect when it comes to the games series' constant hacker problem it's a client base that many no doubt don't even use due to the tiny number of games it supports then you should factor in the dismal history of Destiny 2 PC on that very same platform which goes to show that pushing the platform doesn't always garner the best results ala Overwatch. Most will stay away with it not on Steam and that can only see another sharp decline in sales on the PC almost to the point of CoD becoming extinct on the platform. What Activision are marketing off as a drastic change for the series with 'forget everything you know' only means as such in the most negative fashion as fans see everything they loved stripped out or stripped bare instead.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat May 19, 2018 5:32 pm

The move to Battlenet is just for more cash without having anyone else get a slice of it.

It's not going to reduce the cheaters though Prey by also moving to it. Cheaters on steam have to use a new account and rebuy the game if caught. Same will happen on Bnet. But more money to Activision again :wink:

For those that say they won't buy it unless it is on steam Activision couldn't give a flying fuck as the ones that will buy it on Bnet will most likely continue to buy all the dlc stuff. They'll make far more cash that way even is the sales are down.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:07 pm

Season pass is still a thing. The slight curiosity for this dwindles by the day.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:48 pm

I feel like this franchise is in its death throes now. Nobody has seemed remotely excited about an installment for quite some time now.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:45 pm

Haven't played one since god knows how long

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:22 pm

it will still be the no. 1 game....unfortunately
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:00 am

I think they need to stop the yearly model, take a break like assassins creed and rethink the series. Expect a serious wake up call if this bombs.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:51 pm

I doubt it. Activision are not in the same position as Ubisoft in that they do not have a wealth of games that could take its place. As it stands they have CoD, Destiny and whatever Blizzard choose to put out and that's it in terms of games that make bank. They need Call of Duty games to keep coming out each year. Activision, for better or worse, have hitched themselves to the CoD train.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Back in 2010 I worked for Activision for 9 months. I got the sack one week after I suggested they give COD a year off and launch 3 new IP to broaden their catalogue.

So no Activision will not stop making COD
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:42 pm

In fairness, in 2010 they'd only just released Modern Warfare 2, which surely was the high point of the series' popularity. They certainly should have taken a break after some of the more recent entries, but I dare say they'd be more open to it now.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:07 pm

It's not the first time I peaked too soon....boom..boom

Previous

Return to FPS & Action