[RUMOUR] Black Ops 4 Has No Single Player Campaign

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

[RUMOUR] Black Ops 4 Has No Single Player Campaign

Postby Prey » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:43 am

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/17/17248 ... -cod-blops

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 won’t include a traditional single-player story mode, according to sources with knowledge of the project’s status. The shift in creative direction will make Black Ops 4 the first mainline Call of Duty to ship without a standard campaign.

Well BLOPS 3 had a pretty horrendous campaign (IMO) but I thoroughly enjoyed IW's alternate more open ended approach and am currently replaying WW2's own campaign. I always buy them for the campaign first and foremost and the multiplayer is simply a bonus if they turn out to be any good so the fact there will be a clear focus on nothing but multi, survival and possibly a battle royale mode means I'm pretty much out.

Another source:

The sources claimed that the campaign was cut because there just wasn't enough going to be enough time to get it done prior to the October 12 release date. Instead, Treyarch is apparently focusing on expanding the multiplayer element, including the Zombies mode and possibly some new co-op modes.

https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-bl ... -campaign/
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Tank

Re: [RUMOUR] Black Ops 4 Has No Single Player Campaign

Postby Tank » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:04 am

I see they are also adding a Battle Royale mode because...well...why wouldn't you at this point I suppose.

I saw this news just before bedtime last night and for about 5 seconds I was annoyed and then I just laughed, I couldn't summon any energy to care one way or another. I have always enjoyed the CoD single player campaigns but I am suprised this has taken this long to happen.

At the risk of sounding a bit dramatic its one more thing that makes me wonder whether gaming is really for me anymore.
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 am

China COD already has Battleroyale and to be honest, if PubG felt as good as CoD I might not think it’s a bit pants. Calling it Blops4 and having no campaign when the Blops series has been the pinnacle of CoD campaigns would be idiotic though. If they’re doing that they should just combine the MP from Blops1&2 and sell it for £30. I’d bite for that!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Tank

Postby Tank » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:36 am

eVoL wrote:Calling it Blops4 and having no campaign when the Blops series has been the pinnacle of CoD campaigns would be idiotic though. If they’re doing that they should just combine the MP from Blops1&2 and sell it for £30. I’d bite for that!

Absolutely.
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:26 am

I'm surprised they haven't spun the multiplayer off into its own seperate product by now anyway. Seems long overdue.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:25 am

My initial reaction was that this might piss people off, but then I remembered that traditionally the majority of the CoD crowd are there for the multiplayer not the story, so I doubt there will be much angst. I'm the other way around, but then I haven't played a CoD game since MW 2 and have never really felt the desire to do so.

The cutting of the singleplayer I think shows at least that Tryarch where trying to do something a bit different with it, it's a shame they weren't given the time to finish it, but Activision rely so much on the revenue from CoD they probably couldn't afford to delay. It's not like they release many other games.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:46 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:My initial reaction was that this might piss people off, but then I remembered that traditionally the majority of the CoD crowd are there for the multiplayer not the story, so I doubt there will be much angst.

There might be, but the legions of toxic cunts that make up the MP playerbase will perform the internet equivalent of a stoning on anyone who speaks up.

Makes no odds to me, my tastes haven't lain in that direction for years.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:57 pm

As a litmus test it will be fascinating to see how well it perform with the knowledge it is just MP. I do not think it will affect sales. Don't play the games, so not all that bothered by this news.
Games playing : Doom / Attila Total War / Syndicate

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Just going to wander in and say that if there's no SP, then this game is a write off for me.
Also, Infinite Warfare was probably the best campaign they've had in a long while, but internet babies cried so hard that they got Band of BROthers next.

Now they get nothing!
End of an Era

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:08 pm

I assume they have a pretty much working SP campaign ready to go, might just be missing a bit of polish. What a waste of effort.

In fairness I haven't played a CoD game in years so I'm not too bothered either.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:16 am

I was out at Modern Warfare 2. I haven't touched a COD since. Never had any desire to go back despite enjoying what I played, strange. :-k

I must be getting old.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Battle Royal confirmed. Also the PC version will only be available of Battlenet, which isn't a huge surprise. Here are the three trailers they showed off today giving a bit of info on the three main mode.

Zombies

Multiplayer

Battle Royal
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri May 18, 2018 7:58 am

If you didn't catch the live stream the funiest part was when they started talking about the new game mode only for the tiny man host to suddenly shout out at the top of his lungs THIS. IS. BLACKOUT. Everything went dark so of course everyone expected a first look with someone shouting out LET'S GOOOOO!!! then, nothing happened...

47:20.

The official reveal trailer already has 103k dislikes.

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri May 18, 2018 8:16 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:Battle Royal confirmed. Also the PC version will only be available of Battlenet, which isn't a huge surprise. Here are the three trailers they showed off today giving a bit of info on the three main mode.

Zombies

Multiplayer

Battle Royal

Oh thank christ! I've been worried since this was announced that it would be desperately cynical and unashamedly unoriginal but clearly my fears were all for nothing.

Next

Return to FPS & Action