Vermintide 2

Shoot the shit.
katarn

Re: Vermintide 2

Postby katarn » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Sly Boots wrote:If people want to preserve this as somewhere they can go and chat with broadly like-minded people about the games they're enjoying, it's kind of everyone's responsibility to post and keep it going. Not trying to fling accusations around, that's just the way these things go and I one for one think it would be a shame if this community dwindled past the point of no return.

I think, if I'm being honest, I'd say it's probably beyond that point already. That's not to say we can't still squeeze some more time out of the old girl - but at some point they'll need to be a discussion about what happens beyond the forum's phpbb roots.

It's difficult though. Knowing when that moment is the right moment. We all probably have our own line in the sand when it comes to judging how much inactivity is too much inactivity to justify hiring web space & keeping a forum going.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Someone should do a poll. :)

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:10 pm

I chuck money into the hosting every year, and irrespective of how few remain, this is still my little happy corner of the internet and I am not about to leave. Same goes for those of us still here I think.

I just posted on the PWG page on Steam encouraging folks back, maybe some will see it and pop by to say hello :)

Anyhow, Vermintide 2 - I am having a ball with it. Really enjoying myself, and that's just playing with a bunch of randoms.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Vermintide 2 is a lot better than the first one. I am thinking of snapping it up at some point myself but no idea when.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:49 am

It gets so much better with some time played. I have played little else since I picked it up.

I chose to play the dwarf, and the levelling mechanism means I have stuck with him throughout. As you level, you open up to three classes, the initial base class, then (for the dwarf) Ironbreaker and Slayer as you advance. I have opened up the Slayer but have yet to play him, as I have been having such a great time as the Ironbreaker. I have settled on using and axe and a shield, and basically play as a tank now. The hordes come in and I bring my shield to bear, but use it to slam the enemies back rather than stay covered behind it, following up with three charged attacks into the enemy ranks as they reel back from the slam.

I am also packing a drake gun, which when fully charged (hold down RMB) is basically a flamethrower. When I hear the audio cue for an incoming swarm, whipping out the drake gun and charging it, then unleashing it just before the swarm hits, it cuts them down like chaff.

It feels so damned good when it all works as planned, I let others race around or focus on distance ranged work, for me it just clicks to set my feet, block, slam, batter....block, slam, batter, stepping forward into the mass of dead enemies as I go.

The levels take 30-40 minutes to play on average, and are all very good fun.

Yes all told I am having an absolute blast with this now.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Tried the Slayer and while it is kinda fun, it doesn't come close to the Ironbreaker. I have found my niche, and think it will be some time before I explore the other classes :)

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:48 am

Snowy wrote:I chuck money into the hosting every year, and irrespective of how few remain, this is still my little happy corner of the internet and I am not about to leave. Same goes for those of us still here I think.

I just posted on the PWG page on Steam encouraging folks back, maybe some will see it and pop by to say hello :)

Anyhow, Vermintide 2 - I am having a ball with it. Really enjoying myself, and that's just playing with a bunch of randoms.

Doesn't help that there are at least two PW groups on Steam! The one you posted on is the older one so I didn't even see it until I read your post. I think it was Prey who made the newer, smaller one about 3.5 years ago.
Prey wrote: plus i rally want to jukmp on my wife but she ssleep.

i might ha ve to giver her a moo o rtwo

-_-

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:53 am

Haha well one person saw it and stopped by to say hello, nice to see you James :)

(Not that you have been away really, but still...)

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:56 am

Nicer to see you!

I didn't even see it tbh, I just felt like checking PW and noticed this thread. I don't come on here enough anymore, I always end up on reddit (which I'm a bit sick of now).

I've got Vermintide 2, haven't had a chance to play it yet though (except the opening level that starts when you start the game.) I should be about in the evenings if anyone fancies a bash.

-_-

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:52 am

You are on my friends list mate, ping me if you want a game and we can pull in a couple of randoms to join us. Choose a character that isn't vertically challenged, as you can only have each character once in any party and we are good to go :)

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:43 am

Sounds good. Tonight maybe?

-_-

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:17 am

Aw missed you mate - a pity as I played a bunch of maps last night.

Am around this evening if you are?

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:58 am

I bought it last night too. Will try to find some time to get some games in as well next week :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:48 am

You about tonight Lee?

If we got the three of us on, we could let a bot take the final spot (the bots are fairly decent) and have a PW session.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:07 am

Aye I should be I think :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action