Subnautica

Shoot the shit.
Sly Boots
MILF

Subnautica

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 am

I looked for an existing thread but couldn't see one. It's been discussed in a few different threads though, so I thought it was high time it had one of its own.

I must say I'm having a lovely time with this, my 7yo is enjoying watching it as well and it's a really nice one for us to play together. There's little violence to speak of (mainly being attacked by occasional scary sea monsters), while the rest is a serene underwater adventure, of exploration, discovery and crafting.

I've been working on my base for a while, I've got a little sub to buzz around in which I adore, got a little crafting room set up, a sub bay, living quarters, bedroom and spherical glass observation pod I like to just sit in and watch the ocean go by for a little while.

I've also been onto the big crashed ship and repaired its drive core, as it was threatening to detonate and kill all the sea life, and I couldn't have that.

I've dived into vast underground caverns filled with giant, glowing purple jellies, swum through dark forbidding kelp forests and towering mushroom trees, I've visited islands and discovered some of its secrets, even activating an alien teleport device I still need to go back to and investigate thoroughly (I was on a bit of a time limit previously and had to leave it reluctantly behind).

I found a cat poster on a derelict and it now sits proudly above my bed.

Can see why people were so positive about this after it's launch a week or so ago, for £20 it's a must-buy, for me. Cracking game.
My face is tired.

Jez

Re: Subnautica

Postby Jez » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:28 am

Yep it's a nice gentle game that does the survival thing really well.

Love it also. Great to just pick up and play when at a loose end for anything else.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:37 pm

Neebs Gaming did a hilarious series on this with a sole survivor calling tech support back on Earth for help. Looks like a nice little game.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:47 pm

I just built a Cyclops. Looove my great big sub :D
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:55 pm

Haven't built one of those yet.

Last thing I built was a prawn suit but I really dislike it. It can go very deep but it's movement is very irritating.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:05 pm

Jez wrote:Haven't built one of those yet.

Last thing I built was a prawn suit but I really dislike it. It can go very deep but it's movement is very irritating.

It's great. I can even park my Seamoth in there and take that for excursions. I really want to get some modules that allow my subs to go deeper, but having trouble getting the parts for the piece of kit that allows me to do so.
My face is tired.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:12 am

I commpl;eted it earlier on stream and it was great, no spoiulers though. But my mood on the game was lesson after some politcal shite one more being fostered on to the game. Ie the game leader dev asked if a female character or actual game improvements would be better and didn't like the results of it. Why not make it better and add in selection at the start for gender?

I am growing tired of politcal point scoring in these things. Otherwise the game was awesome. Leave fucking politics out of it :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:14 am

Can you say that again please without the beer glasses :) I think I'm getting your point but it's hard to tell :)

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:30 am

:lol:

Lee, last night:

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 am

:lol:

Drunk in charge of a sub at 900m below sea level, not a good combo
My face is tired.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:55 am

#-o :lol:

I only scraped the hull a few times in the caves Sly ... and some head on crashes with monsters.

Spoiler: show
Ending of the game was a bit of a letdown and you can't just fly away without deactivating the gun. I was hoping to see myself fly off then being shot down and having to rebuild the Neptune again :lol:

The way I played the game was that I didn't bother with the radio beacon and just went off exploring and doing my own thing. Leaving everything up for chance. Did leave a Time capsule so someone will have some fun with it :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Just finished it (approx 40 hours play-time), and all I have to say is... wow!

Loved it, just loved it. Imagine this will be a shoo-in for my game of 2018 (unless Kingdom Come Deliverance blows me away). Like Lee though I don't want to give away any spoilers because this is all about exploration and discovery and you don't want to ruin that.

Just play it, you guys!
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:06 pm

I've not finished myself but it's something I keep coming back to now and then when I want a relaxing few hours.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:32 pm

It's, uh... well, it's not all quite that relaxing :lol:
My face is tired.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:01 am

It's relaxing building bases but not when exploring new places for the first time on limited oxygen or some big beastie trying to eat your ass. The sounds cranking up that fear factor as well :lol:
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Next

Return to FPS & Action