[RUMOUR] New Thief?

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

[RUMOUR] New Thief?

Postby Prey » Fri May 12, 2017 7:50 am

I know the last Thief outing was somewhat divisive but I personally loved every minute of it and even dived into much of the games additional DLC. PC GAMER has word that a fifth outing is in the works...

"Thief is an action epic poised to be the next great multi-platform franchise," the site says. "Originally released in 1998 by Eidos Interactive (Deus Ex) and distributed by Square Enix (Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy), the Thief series has spanned over fifteen years and four sequels continually retaining loyal audiences and attracting new fans with each iteration. Widely considered to be one of the greatest games ever created, a fifth sequel is currently in development to be released in step with this motion picture adaptation."

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-new-thief-game ... velopment/

I wonder if Eidos Montréal are working on it and if it will move from a much modded version of Unreal Engine 3 to Unreal Engine 4?

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: [RUMOUR] New Thief?

Postby Sly Boots » Fri May 12, 2017 7:55 am

Yeah, didn't mind the last game at all. Can't help but think if it had had a different title it would have been much better received, and that a lot of the negativity was due to the stylistic differences to the previous games.

I make it the fourth sequel, though, PCG.
My face is tired.

Paul

Postby Paul » Fri May 26, 2017 11:23 am

I was very much in the 'What the fuck is this shit?' camp with the previous game. I accept that I'm a die hard fan of the originals, though - and therefore somewhat of a stick in the mud.

aaaaand to be fair I barely made it ten minutes in. So I'm talking out of my arse anyway. Perhaps I'll give it another try.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:08 am

Thief 2 will always be my favourite game of all time. I have loved all of them, despite bits of 3 annoying me (the cradle was epic). The only thing that bugged me with 4 was the one boss fight. It just didnt feel right to have that in a thief game. Loved the game though.

If 5 is anywhere near as good as the last, I will be as happy as a pig in shit. You can never have enough sneaksy, sneaksy in your life.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:43 am

Paul wrote:I was very much in the 'What the fuck is this shit?' camp with the previous game. I accept that I'm a die hard fan of the originals, though - and therefore somewhat of a stick in the mud.

aaaaand to be fair I barely made it ten minutes in. So I'm talking out of my arse anyway. Perhaps I'll give it another try.

Ditto, in all respects.

"released in step with this motion picture adaptation" however does make me fully suspect that this will be buggy unfinished shit - when has the film of the game ever been good, and that will surely double-down on the game-of-the-film-of-the-game...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Return to FPS & Action