Darksiders III (Xbox One/PS4/PC)

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

Darksiders III (Xbox One/PS4/PC)

Postby Prey » Tue May 02, 2017 10:34 am

Holy fucking shit I honestly never thought we would see the day. Pardon my french.

Amazon product listings have leaked the reveal of Darksiders III from THQ Nordic and Gunfire Games for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

The game, listed as due out in 2018, will offer the following features:

Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature

Spoiler: show

ImageImageImage

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/darksiders-i ... box-one-pc

Quietman

Re: DARKSIDERS 3!! (Xbox One/PS4/PC)

Postby Quietman » Tue May 02, 2017 11:01 am

The hype is real. Love 1 and 2 :d
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue May 02, 2017 11:03 am

Purty.

I really should get back into D2. I enjoyed it, I just got a bit distracted and forgot about it after awhile.
My face is tired.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue May 02, 2017 11:11 am

It does annoy me that it's going to be like.. Darksiders 5 before they get round to having all the Horsemen together ¬_¬

Oranje Head

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue May 02, 2017 11:44 am

Really need to get round to playing the second. I hated the loot system but it seems that the revamped edition fixes various things to do with that. The first game was a real blast though, a bit overly long but really interesting nevertheless.

THQ lives on. Good on the Nordic guys for trying to save the brand and franchises associated with it.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue May 02, 2017 12:13 pm

I can't believe some of the hateful comments this is getting. Ok so it might not be the 4HM people wanted exactly but it is the perfect time to switch up the main protagonist for something different after the likes of War and Death, especially with games such as Horizon doing so well an all new female lead Darksiders adventure is precisely what the series needs to bring in them sales numbers.

Many are also complaining that the game has lost its iconic JoeMAD inspired art style. The fuck. How does that first screenshot look any different to what we saw in 1 & 2 exactly? I absolutely love the dynamic hair displayed on the character. Oh you fiery red headed whip cracking demon slayer!

The point everyone seem to be missing here is that this is a one time defunct IP that was made by a one time defunct publisher so the fact it's even alive and well should be more than enough to warrant very high excitement levels for any true fans of the series. Looks like the Darksiders: Warmaster Edition did actually pay off. :D

Now just imagine if you will just what THQ Nordic could do for the Red Faction IP. I hope they do something, eventually. They still fully support an active community with RF on Steam via RF: Guerilla.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue May 02, 2017 1:07 pm

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue May 02, 2017 1:23 pm

The original Darksiders was great, not a huge fan of 2, but it was still a decent game. A lot of whether this game is any good will depend on who is developing it.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue May 02, 2017 1:41 pm

Gunfire Games are developing which is the studio made up of many former Vigil staff who also worked exclusively on the recent Darksiders: Warmastered Edition.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue May 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Sly Boots wrote:Purty.

I really should get back into D2. I enjoyed it, I just got a bit distracted and forgot about it after awhile.

Same here. Liked it though but got side tracked.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue May 02, 2017 3:59 pm

I predict that soon after this game comes out nobody but Prey will have bought it. Then he will post a video, a bunch of screenshots and about 15 paragraphs about why he loves it so much. Then at least three other members will buy a copy.

Just a hunch. -_-

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue May 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Option 2 is Prey being unable to launch the game due to issues nobody else in the world has experienced before going on a long rant which he then deletes 27 seconds after posting :lol:
My face is tired.

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Tue May 02, 2017 4:19 pm

After having one of those days this is exactly the news I needed to hear.

Got Platinum trophies on the first two, well looking forward to this. Please do not suck.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue May 02, 2017 4:27 pm

Prey wrote:I can't believe some of the hateful comments this is getting. Ok so it might not be the 4HM people wanted exactly but it is the perfect time to switch up the main protagonist for something different after the likes of War and Death, especially with games such as Horizon doing so well an all new female lead Darksiders adventure is precisely what the series needs to bring in them sales numbers.

Many are also complaining that the game has lost its iconic JoeMAD inspired art style. The fuck. How does that first screenshot look any different to what we saw in 1 & 2 exactly? I absolutely love the dynamic hair displayed on the character. Oh you fiery red headed whip cracking demon slayer!

The point everyone seem to be missing here is that this is a one time defunct IP that was made by a one time defunct publisher so the fact it's even alive and well should be more than enough to warrant very high excitement levels for any true fans of the series. Looks like the Darksiders: Warmaster Edition did actually pay off. :D

Now just imagine if you will just what THQ Nordic could do for the Red Faction IP. I hope they do something, eventually. They still fully support an active community with RF on Steam via RF: Guerilla.

It's probably because it's a woman and people are cunts.

Oranje Head

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue May 02, 2017 4:31 pm

I don't know, there are women protagonists in a lot of big games nowadays and people don't seem to mind. I think it could legitimately be down to the fact that playing as Famine could have had some really interestingly designed mechanics, rather than just going directly down the old full on action hack/slash route again.

From what I understand there is an in-universe explanation in the backstory as to why the horsemen are different though.

Next

Return to FPS & Action