[RUMOUR] Alien: Isolation 2?

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

[RUMOUR] Alien: Isolation 2?

Postby Prey » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:51 pm

It looks as if developer Creative Assembly may be ramping up production on a possible sequel to 2014's beloved Alien: Isolation, that is if this month's Official PlayStation Magazine's rumor mill section is anything to go by.

Here's the quote in full:

''Our sources tell us that after work is finished on Halo Wars 2, a new Alien game may start development over at Alien Isolation dev Creative Assembly.''

http://www.psu.com/news/32800/alien-isolation-2-news

Am I the only person here who didn't actually finish the original? Once the Alien came into play the game took a turn for the worst IMHO. I really enjoyed it up until that point.
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Jez

Re: [RUMOUR] Alien: Isolation 2?

Postby Jez » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 pm

They totally nailed the atmosphere the tension and the look I thought. Times were I felt very much in Ripleys shoes...

But..

The stomping irritating alien set pieces got very wearing at times. There were at least 2 or 3 of those that really got on my nerves. The key to breaking out of them was pushing forward and getting to whatever objective they wanted you to do...but the damn thing made it very irritating to do so. This broke all the tension and atmosphere for me in those moments and I just felt bored and frustrated.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:22 pm

It was when the alien became a neutered bitch about half way that it went to shit for me. It was just so easy to deal with that you never really had to hide at all anymore.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:39 am

Prey wrote:Am I the only person here who didn't actually finish the original? Once the Alien came into play the game took a turn for the worst IMHO. I really enjoyed it up until that point.

Nope, I didn't either. I got tired of the same thing, area after area. You hear noises from the air ducts above, oh look, its here again, hide.

It started out great, but just stagnated after a while. I have not had the desire to go back and finish it.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:05 am

For me it came down to the fact that the Alien AI had such bang on player tracking that no matter how I tried I just couldn't get away from visible viewing distance and the way it kind of just lurched around blindly after anticipating it even showing up for numerous hours previous was a massive anti-climax. I so often felt just cheated on as you do when an enemy in a first person shooter will suddenly lock on to your exact position no matter how careful your players actions.

Atmosphere was great. Settings fantastic. But then the one thing that should have come along and only served to heighten the entire experience just completely failed in my book to the point of being far more annoying, frustrating and irritating than frightening. Sorry but watching a Xenomorph plod about upright in the distance as if it's looking for a lost contact lense isn't my idea of scary. :lol:
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:52 am

You say that the AI tracking was too good as if it wasn't supposed to be the ultimate evolutionary predator in the galaxy. Get better at hiding mate. :P

I feel like a sequel to this would address a lot of the issues with the first game. For a first attempt on a relatively uncommon genre for big budget games I thought they did a brilliant job.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Yep. Would love to see them do a proper "aliens" sequel also.

Return to FPS & Action