Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Leaked

Shoot the shit.

Did you buy Battlefront 1 on any platform?

Yes.
No votes
No.
100%
This isn't Battlefront.
No votes

Total votes : 3

Mantis
Admin

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Leaked

Postby Mantis » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:35 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... characters

GIFs in the article, the trailer itself is vanishing from most sources online.

And unsurprisingly people start going nuts over it. I swear, it doesn't matter how poorly developed a game is or any previous installment in the franchise was, if it's Star Wars people fall for it hook line and sinker every time. It's just a licence to print money.

"Oh I won't be buying Battlefront 2, not after how badly they handled the original."
"The sequel has Darth Maul."
"Just take my debit card!"

Jez

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Leaked

Postby Jez » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Yeah. I didn't buy into the first one and glad I didn't as it seemed to take a long time to get right and get content in. Ill wait for reviews on this one also and maybe get it later.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:20 pm

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battl ... tlefront-2

hnnnnnng stop making it so hard to be annoyed!
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:26 am

Watched Ep VII last night so I'm in the perfect mindset to start throwing money at EA.
This looks pretty cool.

I mean, I can't imagine it's going to be much better than a typical Battlefield campaign, but yeah.

Also: It looks like 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' will ditch the Season Pass
I could get behind this. :o

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:19 am

The last campaign by them in bf1 was better than most games I've played this year. Try it if you haven't already.

Good news on the season pass thing completely.
Last edited by Jez on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:22 am

What EA are forgetting is that for many the damage has already been done. I am a huge fan of the Battlefront series but I never bought the game even when it dropped down to as low as just £9 because it just isn't the Battlefront game I wanted. They got greedy with the way they slithered out the extra content that should have already been included in the main game and the player base shrank and shrank and shrank some more and by the end of 2016 it had dropped down to just 2k while the PS4 still enjoys numbers above 11k. Dividing the player base so much between vanilla and season pass hurt the game badly.

Go back and play Battlefront or Battlefront II. That's what a true Battlefront game should be and I for one will not buy into it once more until it is.
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:03 am

Jez wrote:The last campaign by them in bf1 was better than most games I've played this year. Try it if you haven't already.
Oh right!
I completely forgot Battlefield 1 was a game. #-o
Prey wrote:What EA are forgetting is that for many the damage has already been done. I am a huge fan of the Battlefront series but I never bought the game even when it dropped down to as low as just £9 because it just isn't the Battlefront game I wanted. They got greedy with the way they slithered out the extra content that should have already been included in the main game and the player base shrank and shrank and shrank some more and by the end of 2016 it had dropped down to just 2k while the PS4 still enjoys numbers above 11k. Dividing the player base so much between vanilla and season pass hurt the game badly.

Go back and play Battlefront or Battlefront II. That's what a true Battlefront game should be and I for one will not buy into it once more until it is.
Good thing they're taking the Titanfall 2 approach, at least. We've yet to see what the rest of the game looks like.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:21 am

More Mass Effect Andromeda style faces I see.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:58 am

No season pass would be a great movie if it's true. Fragmenting communities with ludicrously overpriced maps has always been the main thing that has put me off most EA games.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:04 pm

I agree. As much as I love bf1 it's annoying to see this pay gating affecting the game.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Has there ever been a SW single player game other than Tie Fighter or Clone Trooper thingy were you play as the Empire? It's a good move I think.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Strictly speaking Republic Commando had you playing for, well, the Republic, who at that time were considered the good guys. I think with the exception of TIE Fighter, every game that started with you playing a bad guy had you playing for the good guys by the end. I hope that doesn't happen here as it gets a bit dull.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Battlefront 2 (the first one, that is... the first second game, damn naming conventions) had a pretty good campaign where you played as the 501st Republican clone unit, so half way through the campaign you technically become the bad guys when they swap to the Empire.

I hope the single player is decent. Bot skirmishes and the galactic conquest campaign was actually quite a solid part of the original games and DICE overlooked that massively with their barebones first effort.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:05 pm

I watch a youtuber called jackfrags now and then. He did a lot of great coverage and guides on BF1. He devoted an entire episode talking about how badly pay gating and season passing were affecting the game. I really hope that when they release the next BF game that it goes the same as this new battlefront and ditches the season pass.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Split screen co-op coming to consoles but not PC. EA is why we cant have nice things.
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Next

Return to FPS & Action