PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Shoot the shit.
Subway Diet

Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Postby Subway Diet » Sun May 14, 2017 10:35 am

Been busy, but getting games in when I can.
Keep getting into the Top 5 and screwing up. #-o
End of an Era

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Wed May 17, 2017 4:05 pm

I've been bloody loving this game. The game really rewards positioning over twitch reactions, but this can have its downsides when the circle forces you into awkward places towards the end game. Sometimes end-circles that are in the middle of a town can be worse than ones over an open field, as everyone starts camping even more. Dying is a lot less depressing/annoying when you are in a team though.
Prey wrote: plus i rally want to jukmp on my wife but she ssleep.

i might ha ve to giver her a moo o rtwo

-_-

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu May 18, 2017 7:04 am

Wish I had a microphone. Would be fun to try and get a PW squad going.
End of an Era

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Thu May 18, 2017 8:49 am

I'd be up for that. Assuming I don't just post about it then disappear for months again. :oops:
Prey wrote: plus i rally want to jukmp on my wife but she ssleep.

i might ha ve to giver her a moo o rtwo

-_-

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu May 18, 2017 5:55 pm

There's 2 new islands in development. A snow one with a mountain range and large forest and a desert map with a large urban area.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Had this for about a week now after submitting to peer pressure and picking it up.

It's actually incredible in a small team. So much fun coordinating to try and take out the enemy teams. There's far more mind games and tactical set-up involved than actual shooting. I also turned ingame voice chat off entirely so have never been subjected to the toxic playerbase.

Played a few solo games and managed to quite consistently get into the top 10, haven't had my chicken dinner yet. It's tense as hell though and I find that not having someone to chat with during the quieter moments takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game. Still good fun, but definitely shines more in a squad.

They do really need to fix the draw distance issues with grass not rendering after 40 metres on low settings though. It would be a great tactical option to slowly crawl through grass if it weren't so hilariously obvious to snipers from a mile away. Only having the option of hiding behind trees, rocks and large bushes takes a lot away from what would otherwise be a much cooler scenario.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Dithered about getting this recently. I thought they had fixed the grass thing at low settings but clearly they haven't:)

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:21 am

We still need to get the PW squad into action.

(Still need to get a microphone)
End of an Era

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:13 am

So despite my not having played an adversarial shooter in about 5 years (maybe longer), and my previous "no thanks" in this thread, I have found myself watching the game played on Twitch. Particularly bizarre for me, as I have watched almost nothing on Twitch before. And yeah, I am becoming intrigued.

The fact that it is not a twitch shooter, so my geriatric reflexes would not be a huge hindrance, coupled with the tactical nature... :-k

If there is a chance of some regular team play [looks sternly at the forumites posting here] [yes, that's you] I may pick this one up.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:36 am

Snowy wrote:The fact that it is not a twitch shooter

Oh? Are we talking cone of fire or does it take time to stabilise your aim?

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:50 am

Seemed pretty twitchy to me but hey ho :)

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Sorry, I meant a twitch shooter in the vein of your COD/BF/Quake style shooters, where it is all in the split second between who can get that headshot first. This one seems to involve more tactics and placing, getting the drop on folks etc.

Not played it so could be wrong, but that's how I read the previous comments.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:51 pm

I would say that a good 75% of my deaths tend to happen when I didn't even see the guy shoot at me, or I saw him right as he pops up and puts a shotgun slug in my face.

There are times when you run right into someone and end up having a twitchy split second firefight in a field, but I've found they are fairly infrequent. It tends to happen more often towards the end of a round when the safe circle is less than a hundred square metres.

My favourite way of killing people so far is parking up next to a building and waiting outside somewhere. People tend to roll up when they hear the vehicle, assume you went inside the building and slowly skulk around the building trying to spot you through a window. It's very satisfying when you catch them off guard after popping up from behind a fence.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:46 pm

so the concept is Battle Royale - every man for himself and the objective is to be last man standing.

some questions
- is there a time limit ?
- what happens when you die ? - EDIT - you just go to a new match
- if you die do you just hang out and watch the rest of the match - EDIT - No
- how do you keep your stuff on the returning match ?

I am watching some Twitch videos to get an idea but if you guys can help I would be most appreciative

It looks fun on a quick fix sort of thing. It is not something I would invest too much time if you keep on dying early. Once you get to the last 3 - what is the incentive to move as you could be spotted and killed.

btw I read that the guy who wrote this is from Ireland and is not even a gamer. He liked DayZ open world modelling and put his hand to modding the game. He has made over £10M on this and he still does not play games. His parents are very proud of him.
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:30 pm

You don't keep your gear, you always start out with nothing.

There is a time limit and as the game goes on the area in which you are safe shrinks.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action