PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Shoot the shit.
Mantis
Admin

Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Postby Mantis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:- what happens when you die ? - EDIT - you just go to a new match
- if you die do you just hang out and watch the rest of the match

If you're playing in duo or squad mode then you have the option of spectating your teammates for as long as they survive, your view is fixed on exactly how they're controlling their camera though so that you can't watch their backs for them. No options to spectate enemy players either as that would be game breaking.

Achtung Englander wrote:Once you get to the last 3 - what is the incentive to move as you could be spotted and killed.

The circle continuously gets smaller as the game goes on. In the last stages of the game it starts shrinking more or less every minute and if you're stuck in the gas outside the safe zone you die incredibly quickly.

Endgame is currently an issue as a big factor on whether you win or not is how lucky you are with the circle spawning. The safe zone can shrink to an area anywhere within the existing zone, and if it happens to centre bang on your hiding spot then generally you can just sit back and watch as all the other players make a mad dash for safety. They often get into gunfights and kill one another whilst trying to get into the safe circle, then you just pick off the straggler.

The game doesn't have a time limit per sé, but the circle shrinks to such an extent eventually where the end of the match is basically guaranteed.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Can you out run the circle of it does get past you?

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanks Mantis
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Wargame: European Escalation / Valiant Hearts (XBO)

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Jez wrote:Can you out run the circle of it does get past you?

You can only outrun it if you get a good head start on it. It's movement speed is faster than your sprint, if it overtakes you then there's not much you can do but keep legging it for safety. It doesn't do much damage in the early game so you can out heal it, but by the final moments it knocks off large chunks of your health every second you're in it so you don't really have a choice but to go for the safe zone.

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm up for some games of this, not really good at it and seem to have the worse luck in getting something good to shoot with though :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:21 pm

Really wavering on getting this at the moment. You rate it Lee in general?

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm having a hard time getting into this in solo matches. Kind of feels like I'm 95% pissing about wasting time and 5% stuff happening and 5% of that is good stuff. I mean, I was running through the storm, near death, not going to make it out when I hear a buggy speeding up the hill behind me. I spin round and bring up my rifle as the driver dies to the storm. I grabbed the buggy and managed to get into the circle with a sliver of life. That was great but of the 5-6 hours I've played it for I've had a few minutes of things I was really enjoying. Contrast that to Rainbow 6 (just because it's the only shooter I'm playing) where great moments happen all the time! I played one game of R6 this morning and I can think of at least 5 memorable moments in those 15mins.

I know it's a different beast and I know it's probably the gene I have that makes me see Minecraft and GTA as massive wastes of time for the payoff they give but meh! I'll stick with it a while longer. Maybe do a duo at some point though life's a bitch for organising stuff right now.

Oh and Jez, you run faster than the circle contracts for the fist 2 (I think) contractions.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:48 pm

It's not a game that I think is really all that enjoyable solo. Without friends to talk to and strategise with it's just one long TDM where you spend the majority of the round idly doing stuff on your own.

Duo is great fun and where the game starts to shine, but it's really on a different level if you can get a team of three or four together.

eVoL wrote:Oh and Jez, you run faster than the circle contracts for the fist 2 (I think) contractions.

Not true. The circle is always faster than you, even if you put your weapon away and use max stim to get the speed boost it is still almost twice as fast. The only time it slows down is if the amount of ground it has to cover on one side of the circle is vastly different to the other.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:16 am

Maybe that's what it is, just know I've outran it a good few times but I wasn't thinking it was varied.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:05 am

I have never played a round of this with my mates and not been pissing myself laughing at some point. Wouldn't touch solo queue with a barge pole though.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:22 am

Jez wrote:Really wavering on getting this at the moment. You rate it Lee in general?

I've only played solo in the near 50 matches so far (some I streamed and you can hear the salt flow from me at points). You are left with your heart racing at times but as eVoL says there is a lot of times I feel like I'm about as useful as a wet bog roll sheet. You can still have a good time in these moments though just trying to survive then quickly rematching when dead. Dying and finding another game is pretty damn fast, I know first hand :)

Wouldn't mind seeing how it compares in groups though. I do need to learn the locations for vehicles and stuff as I am always being caught out miles from them when I really could use one.

Highest kill streak is 7 so far. But I average a kill per round woohoo!

Aye I do think it's been fun to play so far Jez :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:35 pm

I'd be up for trying some grouping in it tomorrow around 9pm. And see if we can get a one night a week thing going with it. What you say guys?
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:54 pm

I'm going to get it tonight I think and have a dabble. If I'm around I'll have a go with you Lee

Edit...bought.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:02 pm

So what do I think.

It's early access but it's not terrible. Not the best looker but I didn't expect it to be.

First game. Came 4th out of 92 or whatever so I was pleased with that. Just couldn't get into a good spot for the final bit. Caught right out in the open.

Trick to this. Get down QUICK in a decently built up area. Watch for other parachutes nearby. Get something in your hand quickly and get finding the nearby threats. Identify a vehicle and camp it until the first wave starts. If clear grab it and head away from radiation. After that it's finding better gear and keeping ahead of the wave....then luck.

Previous

Return to FPS & Action