Call of Duty WWII

Shoot the shit.
eVoL

Re: Call of Duty WWII PC Beta 29th September

Postby eVoL » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:21 pm

After BO3 and IW being utter dogshit (fu Gerstmann!) I think they owe me so I’m thinking it’ll be the first game in many years I’ll “acquire”. Might buy later on PS4 if the impressions good but as much as I have loved cods in the past it’s not really what I want in mp FPS anymore it would seem.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:42 pm

mixed reviews

no surprise Mack hates it with a passion and only liked Zombies

Gggmanlives liked it, hated Zombies

Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Might get it for the single player if it comes up cheap in a sale sometime. The MP isn't lighting my fire but I'll admit I haven't read anything review wise about it.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:24 am

The single player has uncontrollable cut-scenes and quick time events... jeez what is this? The 1990's?

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:47 am

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:51 am

COD is a game written for kids and casual gamers. It is classified for adults but its core market is kids and casual gamers. They do not want to think. They just want the pew pew with as little strategy as possible. Show me where to go and highlight weapons & ammo.

It used to bother me that the best selling game in this medium is also one of the most derivative but I am over it now. With so many games that appeal to me and tickle me pink, makes no difference to me how well or bad a COD game is because I have zero interest.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:56 am

I played the very first COD (many moons ago) and loved it, but I am not a COD gamer. I left the shooter genre behind a long time ago, as I became disillusioned with it. This one though, did tickle my interest. I was hoping for more. So far, in a variety of reviews I have read/watched, I see nothing to persuade me to buy it. Maybe I should have expected this, but I am a little disappointed. Guess I will buy Assassins Creed:Origins instead.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:34 am

http://www.mcvuk.com/articles/retail/ca ... grabs-no.1

UK physical +57% week 1 on Infinite Warfare

Q4 2017 SW is looking to outsell Q4 2016 by a significant margin. Maybe as much as a third.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Not really a surprise given that returning to the WW2 era was always going to generate an enormous amount of hype.

I talked myself out of a copy, because ultimately I think the formula is just done and I really can't get on with nefarious things like making it a daily quest to watch people open loot boxes.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:42 am

gpa-gone-west wrote:I played the very first COD (many moons ago) and loved it, but I am not a COD gamer. I left the shooter genre behind a long time ago, as I became disillusioned with it. This one though, did tickle my interest. I was hoping for more. So far, in a variety of reviews I have read/watched, I see nothing to persuade me to buy it. Maybe I should have expected this, but I am a little disappointed. Guess I will buy Assassins Creed:Origins instead.

AC:O is one of the best ones in a while. I have had 26 hours out of it and am only now starting to get a little fatigued by it. That said, lots to do, so easy to just go off the beaten track. Both the Hippodrome chariot races and the gladiatorial arena have been a lot of fun, as has been searching out ancient tombs.

COD - well I haven't been a COD gamer since the second or third outing. It fills a niche I suppose, but it is one I have no interest in. On-rails shooters bore me rigid and I don't do any adversarial gaming any more, so not a lot to be offered by COD!

As Mantis says too, the ever-increasing monetisation of games just leaves me feeling disgust for publishers. It alone will not put me off games, but it is just another vile element along with pre-order DLC, DLC in general, Season Passes and all that shite.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:12 pm

If you could buy the single player campaign separately for, say, £20, I'd buy it today. I have zero interest in anything else it has to offer.

I used to enjoy the COD campaigns up to and including MW2. I bought MW3 and was shocked at how short it was (finished it in one sitting on Boxing Day), and haven't bought a COD game since. I never got bored with WW2 shooters and was sad when everyone decided we were finished with them, so I do want to get this one eventually.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:29 pm

I'd like to see more WW1 and WW2 shooters on the precondition that they aren't just more Battlefield and CoD rehashes.

Also, for the love of god, no more D-Day landings. These American developers are obsessed with emphasising the US contribution to the landings, subsequent Normandy airdrops and French campaign. We get it, you helped, late; there's no need to make another game showing it.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:35 pm

I'm no historiatician, but I'm pretty sure the Americans won the war by themselves while the rest of us gave them a jolly good cheering on and thanked them for coming to save the day. I mean, prior to D-Day we were mostly just drinking tea and worrying about impending invasion.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:08 pm

fun fact. Since 1968 more Americans have been killed by murder and gun related crimes than all the US military deaths caused by all wars America has been involved in since independence.

America did win the war. With the help of 100 Russian Divisions, but they still won the war !

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action