Call of Duty WWII

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: Call of Duty WWII PC Beta 29th September

Postby Jez » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:50 am

Seems like quite a small download for a CoD game.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Probably because it just uses all the same assets as the last four CoD games and assumes you still have them installed. -_-

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:57 pm

That would be an enormous presumption of an assumption. :)

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Watched a few gameplay videos...it's CoD plain and simple. No Scoping, dolphin diving, kill streaks etc. Instead of a Hellfire missile you guide a bomb dropped from a bomber directly onto players. Wall running and jet packs have obviously been done away with this time. Looks like Modern Warfare 2 gameplay wise. Don't think it's something I'd be bothered with.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Pre-emptive firing possibly due to 'radar' planes overhead.
Out of control recoil on the starting guns.
meh, I was looking forward to this. Maybe the single player will be the win

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:35 pm

Again, people complain about it cod being cod while there's literally nothing else that is actually like cod. It plays nothing like Battlefield, Rainbow, PubG or Destiny. Let it be it's thing and move on ;)
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:17 am

I actually thought it was pretty fun, especially compared to the last few games, though headshots seem peculiarly hard to get. There /are/ some times it feels a bit like Battlefield 1 lite but not in a bad sense, and the new "War" objective based multiplayer is really good fun.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Played it for a bit in my mates gaff, was a bit if fun alright. Got my arse handed to me but such is CoD. The MP18 is ridiculous at close range.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Reviews are expected any minute now this evening meanwhile if you so choose you can watch a full 11 minutes from the opening section of the campaign...D-Day.

GamesBeat – 94/100
Ausgamers – 9
God is a Geek – 9
PlayStation Lifestyle – 9
Attack of the Fanboy – 4.5/5
Hardcore Gamer – 4.5/5
Impulse Gamer – 4.5/5
GameInformer – 8.75
CriticalHit – 8.5
EGM – 8.5
Multiplayer.it (Italian) – 8.5
NZGamer – 8.5
Xbox Achievements – 80/100
Gamesradar – 4/5
Telegraph – 4/5
Polygon –
Gamespot –
PC Gamer –

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:23 am

I just played the opening mission myself. Absolutely hands down the best D Day/The Beach Landings have ever looked. A bit hand holdy but still very intense.

So far its exactly what I wanted really, just Call of Duty back in WW2. The new health system is good if somewhat jarring. I didn't realise how much I had grown to expect my health to regen. Now you have to either find first aid kits or request it from a soldier. The kits always have to be activated too, you don't just walk over them and they get used instantly.

I am playing on hardened and I don't seem to have a cross hair until I actually hit someone so iron sights are the order of the day. It's hard to explain but it doesn't play like other CoD games. It's very easy to get over confident and over whelmed when in other CoD games a few seconds behind a barrel and you would be as right as rain. I like that.

Visually its stunning. Very grimy and its lost that "sheen" that CoD always seems to have.

I think I have mentioned it on here before but I have always enjoyed Call of Duty year in year out despite its gradual decline. I mean there have been "bad" CoD games but I don't think I have ever felt like I haven't got my monies worth.

Anyway, I shall post more as I push further into Europe. Have a great day.
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:40 am

Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:01 am

Cheers tank. I'm still unsure whether to buy this or not yet. I haven't bought one since modern warfare all those years ago.

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:20 am

I got it on GMG for just over £35 and so far I am happy.

If you are still unsure my advice would be watch videos and try to decide that way. Every discussion board (besides this one) seems to be packed with people either boasting how they haven't brought CoD this year and that makes them a better person by default or people reminding those who have brought are fools. Usually both at the same time.

Worse comes to the worst give a week and you'll probably save a fiver if nothing else.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:31 am

Yeah I think if the SP is a decent length then for 35 i might spend on it. I'm not interested playing MP on this title. I'm sure that dice will produce a ww2 next year and do a better job on the MP side.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:13 am

I'd be vaguely willing to give this one a chance depending on how it's legs were for the multiplayer. Recent PC releases of CoD games have completely died within weeks of launch so really haven't been worth the money. After the travesty where they split the playerbase between Windows store and Steam players last year I think there was less than 2000 people playing it within two weeks of launch.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action