Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries

Shoot the shit.
Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries

Postby Raid » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:41 am

Just unveiled last night at Mech Con, and developed by Piranha Games who run Mechwarrior Online.

Clearly lots of work to do, but it is at least being worked on and is due in 2018. I'm a little disappointed that it's being made by PGI, who don't seem to have vast resources (there's been minimal development to MWO this year, nothing but monthly premium mechpack releases and a few changes that much of the community hated), but hey, new single player battlemech combat!

Another thing that concerns me is the setting; 3015. The Clan invasion didn't happen until 3049, so just about every classic mech chassis from Mechwarrior 2 is going to be absent; no Timber Wolf/Mad Cat, Mad Dog/Vulture, Summoner/Thor, Dire Wolf/Daishi etc., unless there's some sort of time skip.

Lee

Re: Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries

Postby Lee » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Yea got some doubts about PGI fulfilling it through to the end but heck I really want a sp mech game :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Oooh, big stompy robots. I shall give that a go when its out.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:11 pm

PC Gamer did an article on this. The "Mercenaries" part of the title did hint at it, but this is going to be a sandbox game where you run a mercenary company, rather than a story-driven campaign which will come later.

https://imgur.com/a/3peQS

Return to FPS & Action