EVERSPACE

Shoot the shit.
Lee

EVERSPACE

Postby Lee » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Since it's funded Kickstarter EVERSAPCE by Rockfish has now made it onto Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/396750/

Did a 2 hour stream on it and it's pretty damn nice so far. Got some quibbles about some aspects of it but that can be worked on really.

Handles like Freelancer in flight and combat. Looks gorgeous while playing and has a nice music. The game is basically a rogue like in space with randomly made space parts. Think FTL in how you progress and if you stay in a sector to long a opposing force comes out and makes you move on.

There's a bit of trading to be had for stuff you can mine from asteroids or from enemy ships. Weapon pick ups and ships upgrades to be had and if you do become a cropper in space your stats and some of your credits is carried on to your next play through. So you're not started from scratch each time.

Only thing i had issues is with the lack of a radar screen (maybe your unlock that further in or it's not implemented at the moment) and that targeting enemies or objects is a bit to fiddly. You have to get the crosshairs on them hit T or middlemouse which is that great in the middle of combat. There really should be keys to pick closest hostile, cycle through them or to select friendlies etc.

But yea pretty nice game so far.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

DjchunKfunK

Re: EVERSPACE

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:11 am

I saw this pop up in my inbox via an email from GOG. It looks neat so I've put it on my wishlist.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

STuG

Postby STuG » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Funnily enough i was watching some Youtube videos of this only the other day and my interest was quite piqued.

Visually it does indeed look gorgeous. I'll be keeping an eye on it but not buying in yet due to previous 'early access' disappointment.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Yea I got my key through the kickstarter for it otherwise I would have left it till it was out of Early Access.

Not alone in being burned by EA and the real EA too :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:57 pm

"procedurally generated rogue-like" Why do devs keep doing this instead of making a good game?
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:11 pm

Saw and read a bit about this on GOG looks pretty good actually ill come back to it again in 6 months and see what sort of state its in then, seems a little too early access yet for me. I'd just burn out on it and never go back which looks like it would be doing it disservice

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:13 am

Was in till it flew like freelancer :(
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Return to FPS & Action