Halo 5: Forge PC + Multiplayer September 8th

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

Halo 5: Forge PC + Multiplayer September 8th

Postby Prey » Thu May 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re bringing this same spirit of creation and collaboration to the PC later this year with Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10. Best of all? It will be absolutely free. In addition to the evolutions already present in the mode on Xbox One, Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 will include some exciting new features designed specifically with PC users in mind, including:

Keyboard & Mouse Support – For the first time ever, Forgers will have the option of using a keyboard & mouse allowing for more precision control than ever before.

Increased Resolution – Support for multiple resolutions including 4k.

Test and Play with Friends – Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10.

Build on Windows 10 and Publish to Xbox One – Experiences built on Windows 10 can be published to and played on Xbox One, opening the doors for countless new experiences to be enjoyed by players all over the world.

If you’re already finding yourself excited about the incredible possibilities that are opened up by expanding Forge to the Windows 10 platform, trust us, you’re not alone. 343 Industries UGC Director, Tom French, and his team are already chomping at the bit to get these new creative tools into the hands of the community.

“Forge on the PC will finally give the mouse/keyboard editing precision the community has always been clamoring for. On top of that, an updated and optimized UI geared towards mouse interactions makes a lot of the inputs in Forge easier/faster than before.

Since we released Forge in Halo 5 we’ve seen so many amazing new things come from it – from weird mini-games we could have never anticipated to meticulously crafted maps that are even approaching the visual quality of internally built maps. The team has continued to wonder what we’d get if we could put Forge in the hands of as many people as possible, and making it free on Windows 10 literally gives the chance to anyone who wants to jump in and try their hands at building a cool new map for Halo 5. I’m excited to see what the future content from the community will bring!”

We’ll have a lot more to share about Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition on Windows 10 later this year, but look for even more exciting updates coming to the Forge experience in Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One in the coming months – including new environments, advanced file sharing capabilities, new pieces, palettes, props, and much more.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/05/19/forging ... yFfTcbz.99
Last edited by Prey on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Prey
Admin

Re: Forge - Halo 5 Guardians Edition Windows 10 Announced

Postby Prey » Fri May 20, 2016 11:09 am

Microsoft representatives have confirmed to Ars that the free Windows 10 game will support unfettered online play with anyone on a player's friends list. That means players can create or download a Forge map and invite anyone else playing the Windows 10 version to join in and play to whatever "kill count," time limit, or other win condition they've set. Even better, Microsoft says that this friends-only multiplayer mode in Windows 10 will fully support mouse-and-keyboard game controls.

In short, free Halo 5 multiplayer is coming to Windows 10. Sure, there's a friends-list restriction, a Forge-only rule, and a lack of convenient, automated matchmaking, but it doesn't sound like a bad freebie for the PC gaming set, and it marks the first Halo online multiplayer game with mouse-and-keyboard support since 2007's Windows port of Halo 2.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/05 ... ltiplayer/

Prey
Admin

Re: Free Halo 5 Forge and Multiplayer Coming to Windows 10

Postby Prey » Thu May 26, 2016 9:40 am

In related news a new rumour claims that all future Halo games will now make their way to PC as well as the Xbox One...

Microsoft is working on, unnamed sources told Kotaku about an internal plan codenamed ‘Project Helix’, to bring the Xbox and Windows brands together.

One way of doing this is through releasing future Halo titles on PC as well as Xbox. This is a stark change in attitude towards one the company’s biggest flagship franchises.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/05/26/future- ... pc-report/

Prey
Admin

Re: Free Halo 5 Forge and Multiplayer Coming to Windows 10

Postby Prey » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:28 pm

According to industry sleuth Shinobi aka Enter the Dragon Punch Halo 5 PC could well be announced at E3...

I have it on good authority from multiple sources that Halo 5 will be coming to PC.

The next mainline game is supposedly years away.

With news that Forge is headed to PC already it is clearly only a matter of time before the full releases does too followed by every other new Halo based game afterwards.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... t205968823

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Re: Forge - Halo 5 Guardians Edition Windows 10 Announced

Postby Snowy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:39 pm

:-| <---My interested face.

Prey wrote:
Microsoft says that this friends-only multiplayer mode in Windows 10 will fully support mouse-and-keyboard game controls.

In short, free Halo 5 multiplayer is coming to Windows 10. Sure, there's a friends-list restriction, a Forge-only rule, and a lack of convenient, automated matchmaking, but it doesn't sound like a bad freebie for the PC gaming set, and it marks the first Halo online multiplayer game with mouse-and-keyboard support since 2007's Windows port of Halo 2.

A FPS supporting keyboard and mouse? They have released games that haven't? Failcunts.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Mantis
Admin

Re: Halo 5 Coming to Windows 10?

Postby Mantis » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:52 pm

You can tell how excited by this everyone on the forum is.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Loved the first Halo, but I kind of got bored with them shortly afterwards.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Mantis wrote:You can tell how excited by this everyone on the forum is.

Where is Raid? ;)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:11 pm

gpa-gone-west wrote:Loved the first Halo, but I kind of got bored with them shortly afterwards.

Reach was great. It dispensed with all the Flood, Grave Mind, Forerunner pish and was a proper action game. The Covenant were menacing fuckers in it as well. Found 4 to be a real disappointment, but it looked amazing for a 360 game.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:17 pm

Snowy wrote:
Mantis wrote:You can tell how excited by this everyone on the forum is.

Where is Raid? ;)

I lost interest after Reach, which I didn't particularly enjoy the style of. I did finish it, but never went back to do a Legendary playthrough. I was bought Halo 4 a few years ago, but didn't play past the third level. I think it's at least partially down to getting back into PC gaming in a big way (the only console game I've really touched in the last year has been Mario Kart 8), and partially because I hated being in the living room we had at the time.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:17 am

343 have announced that Halo 5 Forge on PC will get a custom server browser soon after launch meaning that the game will become a fully fledged multiplayer Halo game pretty much.

Only a few days until release now on September 8th.

Prey
Admin

Re: Halo 5: Forge PC - New Custom Browser Released

Postby Prey » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:47 am

A new 8GB update for Halo 5 PC's forge based multiplayer has gone live today most importantly it now adds a new custom based browser to the game...

Halo 5: Forge – PC Update Changelog:

Players can now browse and join Custom Games in progress
Added a 5k resolution option (5120 x 2880)
Added a Fullscreen toggle in the Settings Menu
Added the ability to render at resolutions higher than the native display resolution (for super-sampling)
Added a new list of selectable Gamertags to the Pause Menu
Added a new Minigame Game Variant
Created a playable version of the Tutorial Map (Test Site V)

Return to FPS & Action