Call of Duty: Infinite Lagfest

Shoot the shit.
Mantis
Admin

Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Sales Drop Off

Postby Mantis » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:10 pm

Just speculation, beyond a few gadgets and abilities there is really very little difference between the modern setting and the futuristic one, they all use more or less exactly the same guns. There's at least a slightly more defined gap between modern and WW2 settings.

As I said, I think it's more just that people want a purer multiplayer experience with less of the naff abilities taking over the game. WW2 would suit that approach better. It'd also take advantage of being able to ride on the success of Battlefield 1 being more historical.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Yes the sales have been declining, but this year has seen a huge drop and when the game was announced there were rumblings from the community about it not being the direction they wanted to see the series take. Considering sections of IW are set in space I think its more than a few gadgets that people are taking exception at.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Is any of the multiplayer set in space? I imagine most of the people complaining about the game don't give a damn about the single player campaign. It's the ludicrous one-shot-kill super mobile mech kill streaks that I've seen most people say they're fed up with.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:30 pm

I know the multiplayer change put me right off the series. It became much too fast paced on really small maps. There was no room for having a decent game it seemed to all just be about twitch or camp gaming. Mostly the former and lesser of the detestable latter.

This seemed to happen in the games post MW but MW definitely started the pace change trend. Played that one and the one after then tuned out. BF took over then for me.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:46 am

Activision have announced a free trial for the game. It will be running from the 15th to the 20th of this month and will allow you to try the first two campaign missions, multiplayer up to level 15 and zombie mode up to level 3. All progress will carry into the main game if you choose to pick it up. Looks like it is only on Xbox and PS4, no PC version.

Activision are really trying to get people to buy this game.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:35 pm

The latest update has not only introduced horrendous lag but also made migration to a new host if the current host quits more often than not kill the game completely meaning players instantly lose whatever xp or score streaks they had.

The more they fuck with it the more they break. Not surprised there's no plans for a trial on PC as it's so rife with hackers nobody would dream of buying the full release afterwards.
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:49 pm

So then - Tactical Team Deathmatch or as everyone else seems to be calling it IW Boots on the Ground.

Remove most but not quite everything that has made recent Call of Duty what it has now become and what you get instead is TTDM. No longer will an enemy fly at you out of nowhere and shotgun you directly in the face. No longer will you end up in a dogfight where you both spring around the map in front of one another like two utter mentalists. Whoever aims better, retains best cover during an engagement and shoots quickest, wins. Just like the old days.

Sure you can still kinda jump if you want but it's so minimal now that that it doesn't make much difference. My first round of TTDM I went 30-9 as you can now directly hear the clump clump clumping of heavy footsteps headed your way at all times. Of course there was still that guy running around killing everyone with a grenade launcher but you can't have everything. :lol:

Animalmother

Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare TTDM Released

Postby Animalmother » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:17 pm

Sounds a bit like Bare Bones from Black Ops 1, no kill streaks, no weapon attachments and no perks. Just get stuck in and let player skill shine, loved it.

Are kill streaks and all that shite disabled as well?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:30 am

Just thought I'd pop in and share some thoughts.
Bought the basic version of the game on the cheap with the intention of beating it and trading it in afterwards.

Must say I'm really quite enjoying my time so far! Not going to challenge my opinions of Doom or Titanfall 2, but for a military sci-fi shooter it's really hitting the spot. :D
Gut reaction from the hours I've put in so far is that it's the best one since Modern Warfare 1/2.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:52 am

I'd agree with that (although I'd put Black Ops 2 up there with MW1 and 2)
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:27 am

And y'all called me crazy. I'M NOT CRAZY SEE!!!

Really enjoyed the 12 days of Christmas additions which just ended. Some nice new weapons and calling cards etc etc I'm going to miss that third crate option popping up every 24 hours.

I hit 150 hours played of this yesterday which rather surprisingly tops my time spent with DOOM's excellent multiplayer offering and I've grown quite adept at placing annoying trip mines and hardened centurions oh and I'm a right Edwin with the gravity gun which I adore as nothing beats watching a whole group of enemies twirling around in the air in a body ball as the final kill cam plays out. On the Mars like map I love nothing more than placing a centurion at both ends of the map and well let the fun commence. phut phut phut phut :mrgreen:

Preferred class: STRYKER
Preferred weapon combo: FHR Windfall (Epic) Hailstorm Thunder (Epic)
Preferred payload: Mostly Centurion actually as if placed in just the right part of the map it can cause utter chaos for the opposing team while ensuring you can pick off incoming enemies with relative ease - if you watch your back.
Mission Team: Sabre 50

One of my current loadouts:

Normally I would go with a silencer as combined with the make fuck all sound perk you can just fuck peoples shit up no end before they even know you were there. Looking forward to the DLC coming later in the month.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:03 pm

I haven't played the multiplayer since they fixed the mouse issues, will have to give it another go.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:27 pm

A new anti-cheat and mouse improvement patch is expect any day now. About bloody time too. All you hacktivists who ruin the game for us almost every match get ready to feel the mighty ban hammer!

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Too little too late I'm thinking

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:40 am

Well at 170 hours played and last night I uninstalled it. The lag aspect finally got too much for me as it picks the worst possible hosts time and time again and I far too often end up juddering my way across a map or suddenly facing a wall even though I'm easily hitting 60-90 frames and it's only gotten worse recently. Match to match play is about as frustrating an experience as it gets right now.

Also the PC version currently has less than 1700 active players bringing it directly into Battleborn territory which is pretty damn shameful for such a previously humongous selling IP and to add insult to injury there's been little to no fixes or shits given from Infinity Ward the last few weeks on top.

I now aim to wait for word on proper fixes before I ever touch it again.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action