Call of Duty: Infinite Lagfest

Shoot the shit.
Quietman

Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Sales Drop Off

Postby Quietman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:19 pm

A world war 2 shooter these days would be horrifically realistic. It'd really be like playing Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers now.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:24 pm

Yes it would be. I can totally see the big players heading back to ww2 again to do the cycle again. Hard to judge how successful it would ultimately be.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:24 pm

Activision have just announced a special Christmas update for both the remaster and IW...

On December 13, players who own Modern Warfare Remastered will receive the remaining six remastered maps: Bloc, Countdown, Pipeline, Showdown, Strike, and Wet Work, along with the Hardpoint and Gun Game modes being made available in Modern Warfare Remastered for the first time.

The holiday map makeover fever is spreading to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare as well! Later this month, players will find a Genesis Holiday map waiting for them as the Headquarters for the Division of Mechanical Evolution gets a festive new look. Plus there will be a 24/7 Genesis Holiday playlist, ready to spread cheer, goodwill, and high KDRs.

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of- ... p/10104079

6 new maps for the remake. 1 for IW. The basic message being hey thanks for buying our game sorry you couldn't afford the Legacy edition so you don't get anywhere near as much new content. Merry Christmas you cheap ass fuckers!
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:46 am

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/09/november ... s-say.html

OK - this leaked today. I knew about this since last Friday because this is one of my key roles (to calculate total U.S. physical sales by title) but now its on the web from financial analyst. Usually those guys do not leak but this is a big story for Activision.

We will get digital numbers next Tuesday so I will know the whole picture, but yep - 1/2 the number to Black Ops III on physical
Games playing : Syndicate / Valiant Hearts (XBO) / Warp

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Well I guess if you keep producing something on a similar formula, sooner or later the bubble can burst. Or is this just physical sales? what are digital sales like?

Maybe they should stop churning it out every year. Pick a different era. Vietnam, WW2 maybe.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

PaladinAl

Postby PaladinAl » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Quietman wrote:A world war 2 shooter these days would be horrifically realistic. It'd really be like playing Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers now.

And yet it would probably give me a raging erection.

Be good to have the kids of today confronted by real history.
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alunparker1987

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Absolutely, because Battlefield 1 did a fantastic job of portraying a realistic World War One setting.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:01 pm

You can ride a horse and have a flamethrower? I am so buying battlefield when I get some time off. Who needs modern gadgets when you can have a horse.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Mantis wrote:Absolutely, because Battlefield 1 did a fantastic job of portraying a realistic World War One setting.

That is brilliant love to see that sometime in game :lol:

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:52 am

I have my doubts about the series moving back to WW2. CoD hit big with MW and that is what the majority of fans consider CoD to be, a modern war shooter. I think moving back to WW2 could have the same effect on sales that moving to future warfare has had.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:48 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:CoD hit big with MW and that is what the majority of fans consider CoD to be, a modern war shooter.

The pre modern era had a much more prolific influence over just what CoD stands for for most I still feel. When I think of Call of Duty I instantly always think of this specific logo...

Not this...

Battlefield 1 has shown Activision the way forwards and that is essentially going back to its roots while still maintaining a modicum of what has been introduced to the series over the years is exactly where the true balance lies.

Current IW in game players = 1,569
Current BF1 in game players = 19,500
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:36 pm

Totally agree dave.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:37 pm

I get what you are saying Dave, and that might be the case for PC players, however the majority of people who play CoD joined with Modern Warfare, to them CoD is a modern military shooter.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:11 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:I get what you are saying Dave, and that might be the case for PC players, however the majority of people who play CoD joined with Modern Warfare, to them CoD is a modern military shooter.

Which they seem to be a little fed up with and aren't buying in quite the same droves as previous years. The futuristic setting isn't a great deal different from the modern warfare era, I think people are more fed up with the ridiculous multiplayer mechanics, like kill streaks and abilities that are just totally over the top; but the setting really can't be helping to keep people entertained.

I think more than anything people just want a more basic multiplayer experience, barebones without so much unnecessary guff thrown in to mess with the formula. A return to WW2 would be a perfect opportunity to do that. A simpler Modern Warfare might still be popular to return to but I don't think it'd generate anywhere near as much hype as going back to the 1940s. Just because a lot of the current audience started on modern titles doesn't mean they wouldn't want to experience a more classic setting.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:06 pm

How do you know theyre fed up with modern when it was at its height when it was modern. Its future people dont seem to like much. Totally with them too with the shite version of Titanfall movement. Modern, WW2 etc... doesnt actually make much difference as it'll be the same weapons just with a different skin (look at BF1...), just get the double jumps tay fuck!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action