Titanfall 2 - First FREE DLC Dropping November 30th

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

Re: Titanfall 2 [PC, PS4, XBone]

Postby Prey » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:00 am

I hear ya man. All we both want out of a match is to feel as if we contributed somehow but it always seems to end up as an exercise in frustration unable to do anything before I'm dead due to being invisi sniped, blown up, assassinated etc etc etc. Even my son who played well over 80 hours of the first game and prestiged several times finds it tough going and came off after just two matches and a handful of kills. I tried out Last Titan Standing last night before I came off and my team of 5 was up against a team of 4 due to an afk and we still got our arses handed to us thanks to the opposing team all playing as Tone and with one of my team saying they should rename the game Tonefall as that's the class everyone seems to play as. I play as Legion myself.

Anyway I finished the single player campaign last night and can honestly say I loved every minute of it. It's a true shot at making the fps genre feel uniquely diverse once again as each new mission would throw in something very different to the last and the bond you have with your Titan is explored in full throughout and not since Half-Life 2's Dog some 12 years ago have I felt such an affinity towards a supporting character...

Spoiler: show
The ending had me shouting BT NOOOOOOOOOO! at my screen

I don't regret buying the game at all but can understand where you are coming from Rob as the control levels playing amidst the PC crowd are nothing short of a constant onslaught of wtf!?!?!? God damn it!!! :|

Here's hoping the game gets some balancing issues resolved though and I can get back into having fun with it and more importantly feeling like I'm doing my part once again instead of turning it off because I feel about as much use as a fucking damp tea bag with a controller resting on top of it. :lol: :lol:
Mantis wrote:I was looking for your post about the new Assassins Creed to respond to earlier on and you've already deleted it. -_-

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:11 am

Git gud.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:59 am

I'm playing it on PS4, nice level playing field where I still get my ass kicked. It it's still fun! All you need is one cool thing to happen per game, worrying about KDR is for people that think they can detect wireless lag.

Did you think the montage as the credits rolled should maybe have been skipped because it really highlights how crappy and source the human character models look up close! ;)
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:13 am

Quietman wrote:Git gud.
I'd be quicker to laugh at the tired old meme being trotted out if I wasn't down 50 quid. :P

Will keep playing in the hopes of finding a loadout that works for me. Failing that, I'll go back to pining for the first game.
End of an Era

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:47 am

Agree on the closing credits which after so many great set pieces made the game look severely dated. Linda wished they'd not included it as it took away some of the shine.

Also I'm not much of a is person much anymore and would much rather my break win just seems most of the time my team are outplayed severely aside from maybe on Bounty Hunt.

Edit tablet typing fail.
Mantis wrote:I was looking for your post about the new Assassins Creed to respond to earlier on and you've already deleted it. -_-

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:28 pm

Prey wrote:Agree on the closing credits which after so many great set pieces made the game look severely dated. Linda wished they'd not included it as it took away some of the shine.

Also I'm not much of a is person much anymore and would much rather my break win just seems most of the time my team are outplayed severely aside from maybe on Bounty Hunt.

Edit tablet typing fail.

Well, tell Linda to man up, ffs :x
My face is tired.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:44 pm

I was not looking for Linda, Linda found me...

FINALLY I HAVE CLICKED WITH THIS MOTHERFUCKING GAME. REJOICE!

Like any online game if you just stick at it through the constant fails slowly but surely a little glimmer of hope will begin to shine through, then comes the enjoyment, then the omfg I'm lovin' it, then the ok I completely misjudged this game feeling.

Switching from LEGION to especially ION I started getting more and more kills and everything just started to fall into place and suddenly it dawned on me just how much I was allowing myself to fight against the game rather than roll with it. Last Titan Standing is currently my favourite game mode as it's a pure tactics driven mode where teamwork is paramount or you're quickly going to be overwhelmed by the opposing team. When it comes together as a team it feels so, so good.

Regretting my purchase no longahhh!

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:21 am

Stuck with it as well. Still swearing most of the time. Still feeling outmatched by most players. Still getting in games where one person roars ahead with 40+ kills where everyone else can barely break double digits.

But, I unlocked the double barrel SMG and Tone. Running about like an idiot with the Stim class, pestering titans and doing flying attacks on other pilots, I feel like I can contribute something to the team at least. :P

Not tried many other game modes yet, though. Attrition is kind of my jam at the moment.
End of an Era

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:51 am

May I recommend the first gun in the grenadeer line? It's basically the devastator from duke and it's really effective at short-mid range.

They really need to make rodeoing more damaging, it takes like bloody 8 to kill a titan!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:49 am

I often find myself on the back of friendly Titans using my secondary energy weapon on enemy Titans allowing them the chance to back off or reload/recharge as i continue to dish out damage then we reck shit in unison.

My best moment last night was killing via landing my Titan on someone and later getting a double kill in Bounty Hunt using only a fiery throwing star.

Sure I often still come lower tier score wise but it no longer bothers me if I feel I've contributed enough toward a team win.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:07 pm

Just wow, only a month since release too. Such an awesome awesome game once you gel with it and I honestly can't recommend it enough to anyone who overlooked it.

The vastly reduced £19.99 price tag is for both Xbox One and PS4 btw if the ad confused you. :wink: BUY IT TODAY!

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Except don't buy it today. Wait until Friday when it's actually £19.99. -_-

sohei

Postby sohei » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:58 pm

Damn, just bought this as well :(

Still, I can live with £28.
Intel Core i7 4790k 4.00Ghz , 32 Gb Kingston HyperX Fury, Asus Radeon R9 295X2 8GB, Samsung 500gb SSD, Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Subway Diet

Re: Titanfall 2 - First FREE DLC Dropping November 30th

Postby Subway Diet » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:58 pm

Hoo. Well, that's me at the the point of my first regen. Essentially Level 51. :P
Not sure if I want to go through it all again. Might take a Watch_Dogs 2 break and come back to it when the next map hits, or something.

Still, wrung about 31 hours out of it, so that's not bad at all. :-k
End of an Era

grumpycrab

Re: Titanfall 2 - First FREE DLC Dropping November 30th

Postby grumpycrab » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:00 am

£20 @Argos (there's stock near me so should be around other places)
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5985821
Determined to finish Far Cry 3...finished 28/2/14. Not quite sure where this genre goes now...

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action