Titanfall 2 - First FREE DLC Dropping November 30th

Shoot the shit.
Subway Diet

Re: Titanfall 2 [PC, PS4, XBone]

Postby Subway Diet » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:03 am

eVoL wrote:This is great!

Well shit. All that was needed to push me over the edge.
Probably should have saved that money, but hey! Titanfall 2, yeah?

Leewom

Location: His own immersive FPS World - with really good physics!

Postby Leewom » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 am

Currently in Poland for a week and away from my PC but I am having major withdrawal. Played through half of the campaign on Friday and like most of the press seem to be saying, it is one of the best paced and frenetic campaigns I have experienced in a long time. it genuinely felt, so far, like a decent mission pack like we used to get for quake/HL etc. Its ace.

The multiplayer is as fast and frenetic as the previous and I really cannot wait to get really stuck in.

I wasnt able to play over wifi though, seems to be a bug/issue with multiple network adapters...

Hoping they fix this by the time i get back so I dont have to have a cable running from the spare room/office to the lounge
"Laughter is when a smile orgasms"

Gamertag: Leewom PSN: Leewom69 Steam: raptor_995

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:30 am

Looks like it bombed sales wise in the UK. Only reached 4th on the charts and sold less copies than the previous game did. It's a shame as of the three big shooters out this year, this one looks the most interesting.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:06 pm

The single player is good, it feels a little Doom 4 influenced - not that it is in any way as good as Doom 4 - I dont want to get expectations set too high but it is designed in a way you really need to keep moving and traversing the arena. I just finished the "prefab" level and that was real neat! The titan could maybe have a little more personality to it, its very wrote and standard the way he reacts to things.

Oh and it seems decently balanced for Hard, Ive only died a few times doing silly things so I'd recommend that I think.

The MP is just so tight, fast and fun. The guns feel great and the motion feels so smooth and much more flowing than CoDs shitey "me too" movement. So far the one thing I liked less than the original was rodeoing. Oh and no smart pistol! :(
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Concerning the low sales EA made two major critical errors. The release timing for the game could not have been worse and the frankly ridiculous price point through Origin. The standard edition is far too costly edging it out of gamers to buy lists, free updates don't carry much weight if the vanilla game already feels out of reach.

Also I can honestly never see the IP having the continued pulling power of Battlefield or Call of Duty but do strongly believe the positive word of mouth surrounding both the single player and multiplayer will pay off once the first price drop rolls out.
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:40 pm

Agree.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:51 pm

A shame, because this franchise is by far more interesting and entertaining than either of the other two big hitters. Battlefield will always have a place, but CoD has been trash for so long now it really needs to be knocked off its perch.

I imagine the sales aren't quite as bad as they seem seeing as digital ones are never tracked, but no doubt that releasing this right between BF1 and CoD was a mistake. You'd think EA were trying to sabotage their own franchises.

"Oh hey guys, that franchise we released where we promised free DLC maps and updates didn't do so well on the sales charts. So I guess that means you all prefer paying £40 for Battlefield and £40 for all the DLC? Cool, business as usual then. Open up your wallets!"

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:03 pm

The thing is out of all three Titanfall was the one game I really was looking forward to as i have zero interest in bf or cod this year but as soon as I saw the price on Origin I knew I wouldn't be playing it until at least next year if at all. EA has shot themselves in the foot via every conceivable angle it seems and have put far too much trust in delivering what is already a very tired futuristic warfare crowd with a relatively niche IP that hardly set the genre alight the first time around.

Let us hope the multiplayer lives far beyond the life span of the original because from what I'm hearing it very much deserves it. Just the EA come go your senses and lower the price or titans won't be the only thing dropping when it comes to your player base.

Edit: typing on a tablet ftl

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:10 pm

£37 on CDKeys if you want a cheaper option. When considering that it's a one off cost with no future DLC to worry about I think it's a fairly reasonable price. Of course it'll be even less once the first couple of weeks of hype have died down.

Pro tip; if you don't want to pay ridiculous digital prices for PC games, never buy anything on release off Steam or Origin.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:35 pm

Bf1 is good dave. Wasn't on my radar at all but it really is decent.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:43 pm

It was £30 on cdkeys until 1-2 weeks before release. If you hang off a month it'll go back down. Its the release hump that they do on that site.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:20 pm

With initial projections of 9 million units apparently no longer realistic. Despite Respawn Entertainment’s efforts to rectify the original Titanfall’s shortcomings by incorporating a more fleshed out single player experience, the sequel title is now projected to record a 50% drop in unit sales over its predecessor. And that is very bad news. In fact, it’s an unsustainable downward trend, and merely weeks after its big launch, there’s now a rather grim shadow of doubt about the future of the franchise.

The original Titanfall is a game that came and went almost in the blink of an eye. Upon its release, the hybrid FPS/mech combat was eagerly anticipated as a welcome innovation, and the game was expected to become a mainstay among competitive online shooters. But just as the it began to gain traction as a mainstream IP, Titanfall’s community saw a rapid downswing, eventually evaporating to all but the hardcore. Developer Respawn were left in little doubt over the cause of Titanfall’s demise as critics and fans made their voices heard about the lacklustre single-player offering and generally minimal content.

I’d wager the decision was EA trying to have their cake and eat it, too. Battlefield 1 was a gamble to grab the sector of the FPS market keen to try something new, and Titanfall 2 was plan B to attract those still engaged in the sci-fi thematic trend of recent shooters. But based on Cowen & Company’s recent statements following their sales analysis, that’s clearly backfired.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/poor ... -sales-ea/

9 million units. Uh huh. Noddy nod nod.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:27 pm

It wasn't even available on PS4 last time either. The release window has killed this game. I'll still pick it up in a couple of weeks when I've got the time because from what I've heard the single player is one of the best campaigns in a shooter in years, barring the new Doom.

EA seem to be committed to this franchise either way.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... many-years

I'm sure sales will pick up when it drops in price closer to Christmas and people start getting bored of CoD and BF1.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Alright. Answer me this: Why does it feel so cool that the guns are held to the side when crouching? :-k

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:00 pm

That was very optimistic indeed. 9 million.

I just think that first didn't put a strong enough stamp out there to warrant thinking like 9 million for the second

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action