Titanfall 2

Shoot the shit.
Rossell

Re: Titanfall 2 - First FREE DLC Dropping November 30th

Postby Rossell » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:48 am

Finished this yesterday. Game of the year, and I've played Doom.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:55 am

You're weird.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:50 am

I know it sounds it. And Doom is utterly fantastic, but something about this game just enthralls me more.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:06 pm

Isn't the single player campaign very very short?

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:10 pm

Doesn't seem it at the moment, I've put a good few hours in and is still got some ways to play out. Depends on what you class as short really!
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:35 pm

I'd say less than 12 would be short but I guess it depends on the game.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 am

*Bump*

I've now played the campaign four times on varying difficulties and it genuinely never gets boring. Mixing up your play style and weapons with each new play through just proves how versatile the game can actually be and the sheer grace in your players movement just puts the icing on the cake making the entire experience one that just brings together everything you could want from a shooter.

As for the multiplayer side of things I've played around 260 hours of it in total now and even though the matchmaking will sometimes pit me against players who are way out of my league I will always give them a good scrap to the best of my abilities. With me being a G30 Titan taking on G60 or even higher Titans it just really pushes for a solid amount of team work just to survive never mind to actually win. But when you do it feels nothing short of amazing, especially if the other team are all playing Ronin's or worse yet Tone's thinking they are getting an easy win. Also the community that remains is probably the less toxic one I've remained at the center of for a very long time yeah you get the odd dick head spouting mum jokes like it's still 2006 but otherwise they are an extremely friendly bunch who communicate well in matches and even the reddit based network has served up a lot of players I now play with on a regular basis. Unlike many my Titan of choice is the extremely underrated Monarch class, I fucking love this class. Once you get a few upgrades under your belt it's a really great and very fun class.

I hit the record button as I searched for a match on Frontier Defense mode on Hard last night that has now expanded out to some other maps in the latest update and it was one of the most fun if nerve wrecking matches I've had to date. Here's the match in full...

Believe it or not next month it will have been a year since this first released already. Is anyone else still playing then?

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:25 am

And Respawn have been bought out by EA.

I can only assume they were in dire financial straits given that they broke from Activision because they didn't like working under a large publisher in the first place. If not, that is stinking hypocrisy.

Either way, RIP Respawn. Feel bad for all those staff who are probably going to be retasked off projects onto making lootbox algorithms for Titanfall 3.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:05 am

Fuck. Sake. #-o

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:27 am

Just finished the campaign and it is great (apart from the fucking horrible wall running sections..). Shame that the studio is now probably making the inevitable walk to the EA gallows. Man, that sounds super edgy...

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:21 pm

I can only assume they were in dire financial straits given that they broke from Activision because they didn't like working under a large publisher in the first place

I don't think it was working under a large publisher that was necessarily the problem, more the way they felt they were being treated by Activision.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:45 pm

They should know better though surely than to expect they won't be treated much differently by EA. They have a pretty astounding track record of buying studios and then consigning them to oblivion.

Lee

Re: Titanfall 2

Postby Lee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:46 pm

I do enjoy the conspiracy theory that EA wanted Titanfall 2 to release with the other games so it would hamper the sales and make the studio more likely to be bought outright by EA afterwards. Thereby gaining the IP and rights etc on the cheap.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Previous

Return to FPS & Action