ReCore PC - 30 Minute Demo on Xbox Store for PC and Xbox One

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

ReCore PC - 30 Minute Demo on Xbox Store for PC and Xbox One

Postby Prey » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Microsoft has announced that Keiji Inafune’s new action adventure title, ReCore, will be also coming to the PC as a Windows 10 game. ReCore promises to marry tried-and-true action-adventure gameplay with incredible visuals, a unique art style and an emotionally engaging story.

In ReCore, players take the role of Joule who forges friendships with a courageous group of robot companions, each with unique abilities and powers.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/recore-is ... c-in-2016/

eVoL

Re: ReCore PC Announced for Windows 10

Postby eVoL » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:44 pm

Woot! Again there returns to zero reasons to buy an X1!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

cHeal

Postby cHeal » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:30 am

eVoL wrote:Woot! Again there returns to zero reasons to buy an X1!

Having bought a PS4 earlier this year I'd advise anyone against buying a console. The cost of games is utterly ridiculous and there is very little to chose from.

Would have been better served buying a small PC and taking advantage of my extensive, existing PC back catalog.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:36 am

Just to make everyone aware there is a 30 minute playable demo for this now on the Xbox Store for both Xbox One and for Windows 10.

I have actually been playing it myself for a little while after bagging a copy for just £22 which allowed me a copy of the game for both my PC and my son's Xbox One. Some are dubbing it a futuristic Zelda ie dungeon crawler and I must admit it does take me back to a time when I would play certain Gamecube games albeit graphically updated considerably.

Fun game.

Subway Diet

Re: ReCore PC - 30 Minute Demo on Xbox Store for PC and Xbox

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:40 am

Got the trial version downloaded.
Haha, the GameCube comparison seems apt. From what I've heard, it sounds like the kind of game that flourished a couple of console generations ago, but with modern trappings... for better or worse.
End of an Era

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:46 am

Indeed. As you rightly mention it is a very odd mixed bag of gameplay aesthetics of old coupled with fairly open worldy and yes often repetitive shortcomings. The platforming and action marry very well together. It holds that kind of simplistic charm though that allows you to just enjoy it regardless of it often feeling grindy plus the fact you have robots you can customise and use for various activities to help you along on your journey adds an extra layer to the proceedings.

Also considering it's a Unity based game it's actually very nice looking too and I'm running it on Ultra settings 1080p with no fuss whatsoever. Not bad for a UWP release. Not bad at all.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:40 am

From what I've heard the back end is just a terrible, terrible grind. It seems like the game was rushed out before they could finish it.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Return to FPS & Action