Escape from Tarkov

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

Escape from Tarkov

Postby Prey » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Hardcore online action RPG/Simulator in a contemporary Russian setting. In Escape from Tarkov, everything hinges on the player and their ability to adapt, survive and overcome any obstruction.

Story-oriented game advancement with unique quest elaboration. By completing missions and tasks, players not only learn the history of the Tarkov conflict, but also increase their chances to survive and escape the hot zone.

Next-level realism. Escape from Tarkov is a combat simulator that includes a multitude of hazardous influences. Player actions are influenced by numerous factors, from character’s injuries and physical state to environmental effects.

Absolute freedom of actions and character control. the game employs 100% realistic ballistics, a full procedural effect system, absolute control of movement, interaction with environment, stealth actions and more. Escape from Tarkov also employs advanced system weapon handling and customization.

Unique skills and character progress system. The character receives different types of experience depending on what they are doing. The player can improve more than 100 skills that are separated into 4 types: physical, cognitive, combat and practical.

Individual game progress and choice of tactics. Raids on enemy bases, stealth operations, cooperative missions, trading, exploring, collecting resources, radio communications – in Tarkov, every player finds something for themselves.

AI-controlled economy influenced by players. The character can barter useful resources, engage in auction activities or open their own business with subordinates and systems.

Multitude of offline activities. Healing, trading, spying, weapons improvement and customization, management of loot stashes, researches, etc.

Escape from Tarkov is planning for a closed beta test in early 2016.

http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Gibby

Re: Escape from Tarkov

Postby Gibby » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:29 pm

Hardcore online action RPG/Simulator

:lol: what? Do those all of those things really combine?

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:36 pm

ARMA meets Mass Effect 3 MP?
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:55 pm

Looks alright. Getting a battlefield feel to the general combat. Just what the deeper rpg elements are who knows what they'll be about.

STuG

Postby STuG » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Intrigued by this and signed up for the closed beta.

Even with the usual caveats regarding 'early access' games (especially in light of the miserable 'DayZ' debacle) this shows promise. Looks polished even at this stage.

Seems to have a couple of ex-Stalker devs on board so the atmosphere should be nailed.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Yeah I noted that also. I will stick my name down too. Not sure if I like the looting and inventory stuff yet could be very fiddly.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:05 pm

ME ME ME ME ME ME MEME

I want this. Watching the video just sent STALKER vibes up my cold spine.

Why is it the Eastern dev's know what games get my juices going compared to the bloody stale arsed western stuff ¬_¬
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:07 pm

Well said dear chap.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:27 pm

I may have to kiss you young man *dangles some jangleberries over Jez*
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Just a little one then you brazen hussy.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Okay bend over so I can pucker up to them lisp :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:52 pm

Shudder.

:lol:

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:38 am

Rather surprised some of you didn't immediately get the Stalker vibe the game has as that is pretty much what inspired me to make a new thread for the game. My favourite part was the section where the lights in the hall came on, I hope stuff like that actually remains in the game once released.

Also if you can find anything, anything at all that concentrates on the games weapon modding trust me it is pretty damn insane where practically everything can be swapped out and replaced. If I find something I will post it myself.

edit: Lo and behold...

https://coub.com/view/9ddjr
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:13 am

There seems to be a large selection of mods for weapons for each bit of the weapon. Now I have 2 things to say about that.

1. The more they add the harder it is to balance them and it's likely they'll have to balance them so much they only add the most miniscule difference in trait over other similar mods. Having so much choice with mods cheapens the experience of finding them.

2. There will hopefully be more info than what we are seeing on the mods you install and their advantages etc over mods already fitted.

In any case I'm well tickled by this and I've signed up for the beta also.

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:50 pm

Formerly MrAnnoyed

Next

Return to FPS & Action