Escape from Tarkov

Shoot the shit.
Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Re: Escape from Tarkov

Postby Snowy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:32 am

Co-op vs AI and I will be all over this like a rash. As it is, a resounding no.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:03 pm

Jez wrote:Don't know that for sure yet. It may well be that there'll be a private mode in fairness.

That may work yea but they haven't said anything like that yet.

In talking about Stalker style grab SC:COP and grab the COC mod for it and it rocks. Tons of fixes and makes it all open world no loading screens at all. Shit ton of stuff in it.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl

I will be playing that after I am done finishing off Clear sky at the moment :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Do you know if its better than Lost Alpha as I am playing that mod
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Saints Row 3 / Valiant Hearts (XBO) / Rochard / RTW 2

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:31 am

Lee wrote:
Jez wrote:Don't know that for sure yet. It may well be that there'll be a private mode in fairness.

That may work yea but they haven't said anything like that yet.

In talking about Stalker style grab SC:COP and grab the COC mod for it and it rocks. Tons of fixes and makes it all open world no loading screens at all. Shit ton of stuff in it.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl

I will be playing that after I am done finishing off Clear sky at the moment :)

Thanks for the recommendation, picked this up last night. I am about due a COP replay - I did try reasonably recently with heavy modding but there was a trainer built into the mod I downloaded, and by giving myself armour, weapons and above all NV goggles, I neatly snipped the lions share of the atmosphere from the game.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am

Isn't Lost Alpha for Shadow of Chernobyl the first game Achtung Englander? Or did you mean in comparison to it? Either way no idea as I had issues with the lost alpha a long time back that I stopped playing it. That was the one that let you drive the vehicles and had the sleeping and eating mechanics back in?

I should give it a go as well though, must have been fixed by now :)

Call of Chernobyl mod is strictly for Stalker : Call of Pripyat and lots of people have been saying how good it is. Not tried it yet myself but I will. Also won 2016 mod of the year on moddb. Has to be great for that! :)

Ah Snowy was that the mod that included the wish granter feature (press F1 etc for spawning options etc)? I think you can disable that when you're first installing the mod. No way of tempting to cheat then :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:23 am

ahh - I was barking up the wrong tree. Lost Alpha is a huge mod for the original SOC.

I did not know COC was a mod for Pripyat

These game are so good - how they lost money and the franchise died is beyond me

btw - this !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5024734/?ref_=nv_sr_1

If you have not read Roadside Picnic I seriously recommend it. One of the best SF books I have read.
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Saints Row 3 / Valiant Hearts (XBO) / Rochard / RTW 2

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:05 pm

It's a testament too how good they are that I am and a lot of people still playing them 10 years on and getting updated mods for them.

Gaming market is just that fucked up that easier games sell better. *switches off Grandpa mode*
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:53 pm

totally. Its a major gripe by Mack from Worthabuy. He detests seeing through walls and icons on top on enemies. Thank god STALKER takes the serious side

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:30 am

Aye I can't stand all of that myself in my games. I want to play the game not be following markers and knowing everything around me.

In Stalker you have AI that will try to out flank you, get around behind you and flush you out with grenades if need be. Using a silencer at range makes them scan around the area to locate you before returning fire once spotted. Just these little touches that I like about the game :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:15 am

Aye it's a good game Stalker. The AI was pretty good too. There was an article on RPS this week about the AI in F.E.A.R back in the day and how good it was. Basically bemoaning the fact that AI in games hasn't moved on at all since the days of that game and HL et al.

I think AI probably has moved on but the audience stomach for adapting to it just won't sell games amongst the cries of "too hard". Everyone must be made to feel special snowflake.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:08 am

yep I mean we can't have precious 14 year old boys upset by the fact they actually have to think in their video games

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:34 am

Aye Jez it hasn't really since then. And certainly feels like it's been going backwards.

Achtung Englander I think it's more than just the 14 year old's now :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon May 08, 2017 2:25 pm

I've been lost to the Zone with that Call of Chernobyl mod. Really is good at sucking you in. No main storyline so to speak, so I just roleplay my way picking and choosing what jobs I take on and who I kill. Having mutants being far more common and random really keeps you on your toes when playing.

Only had been playing for 2 ingame days for myself to be ambushed by a Chimera at Agroprom in the dead of night. Licked my wounds checked for spare ammo for my AC-92 before gutting the fucker and selling it's parts on to the professor in Yantar. Enjoying that you can now retrieve parts from all the mutants and sell them on... or in a pinch eat their meat if you're stuck and starving. I dare not think what a bloodsuckers or Flesh meat taste of but I've eaten it when running out of diet sausages.

Mod expands the AI so there is always stuff going on and you get surprised at times when a once friendly checkpoints swaps hands and you don't notice in the dark. Having psi emissions and Zone blow outs changing areas in total carnage when half of Rostok becomes Zombies as the AI wasn't fast enough to get to cover. Was funny in a big firefight way.

Quick video of a encounter at the Yantar Plant before I captured a Zone emission at Agroprom from the safety of a building. Well it wasn't that safe as I killed a stalker for a job and his friends where still around there :P

Formerly MrAnnoyed

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon May 08, 2017 3:28 pm

I've been watching a few gameplay of Escape from Tarkov and if you have a few mates it looks like a blast. There's also a new mode called Scav where you play as the guys who are normally the AI, you start off with a random weapon and gear and the AI won't attack unless you do something hostile.

Bit of night time co-op

Previous

Return to FPS & Action