Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Shoot the shit.
Edwin
the cunt

Re: Battlefield 5 Announced

Postby Edwin » Fri May 06, 2016 9:51 pm

So no hiding from days of artillery bombardment in a muddy trench until the enemy decide they want to be mown down by machine guns then?
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

BoggyB

Postby BoggyB » Fri May 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Can't wait!
Listen to me. Traitor.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri May 06, 2016 10:14 pm

I assume trench foot and shell shock will be pre-order bonuses. Customize your character with a 1000 yard stare and lice infestation.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat May 07, 2016 8:13 am

They must have forgotten to type the "915" from the title. :-k

You hear a lot of talk about poetry from the trenches. The reality was they were into dirty remixes of The White Stripes.
End of an Era

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat May 07, 2016 9:45 am

So this is some crazy alternate World War 1 then? I'm fairly sure Tommys didn't advance into no-man's land carrying machine guns while wearing what looks like medieval plate armour.

Meh, it's a lot more interesting than yet another modern or future warfare setting. I'm still unlikely to buy it though.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat May 07, 2016 11:45 am

Subway Diet wrote:You hear a lot of talk about poetry from the trenches. The reality was they were into dirty remixes of The White Stripes.

:lol:

This is actually the first Battlefield game I've been interested in for many years. Good on them to finally move away from the same old tired modern/futuristic combat.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat May 07, 2016 12:04 pm

Yeah I didn't mean to actually come over as so judgemental when I posted about this yesterday as as much as I dislike the name I do get the thinking behind it and fully respect the fact they are attempting something completely unheard of before in the genre.

The very reason the new CoD trailer is on something absurd like 447k dislikes is all down to one thing and one thing alone, over familiarity. Even CoD kiddies want something a little different they can binge on every day from what it was they were playing two or three years previous because money is money and nobody enjoys predicting exactly what it is they are getting before they get it but we all did. The remake situation obviously didn't help matters either. Nobody could have predicted what DICE showed us yesterday and the fact they kept it almost completely under wraps until the official reveal deserves to be praised also.

I'm scared of what new kind of beast this is but I'm also excited for it now too.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat May 07, 2016 12:16 pm

I'm pretty sure the CoD trailer has all those dislikes because there's an active campaign online somewhere with people hating on the fact that Modern Warfare is only part of the limited editions of the game.

But yeah, less futuristic shooters is good.

STuG

Postby STuG » Sat May 07, 2016 1:06 pm

As a trailer that pushes many right buttons for me whilst actually telling me very little outside of the setting....

:-k

WW1 does work in a FPS environment, 'Verdun' proves that in all it's unforgiving harshness, and that was made by a much smaller development team.

http://www.verdungame.com/

I do wonder how a more mainstream gaming audience may react to a potential lack of attachments/unlocks as that has become the norm for major studios and their flagship products for quite a while now.

A bold move for such a large franchise. I'm intrigued.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat May 07, 2016 3:45 pm

I guess they can add extended mags, different ammo types, grips etc as weapon unlocks. Tank combat sounds like it's going to be very different, dedicated drivers and gunners.

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon May 09, 2016 8:15 am

I like the setting but going to wait on actual details of the game and people playing it with a mouse/keyboard videos. No more locking on bullshit weapons and fancy huds cluttering the screen in useless info can be used in it surely :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon May 09, 2016 10:05 am

Animalmother wrote:I guess they can add extended mags, different ammo types, grips etc as weapon unlocks. Tank combat sounds like it's going to be very different, dedicated drivers and gunners.

Awesome!

Surely they also cant have bullshit like proximity scans and heat vision. This makes me want this more :D
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon May 09, 2016 11:10 am

A proximity scan will basically involve...

'Private Jones, stick your head out that hatch and see if there's any Hun's about'
'No Jerries in sight sir'
'Splendid. Driver, move on!'

STuG

Postby STuG » Mon May 09, 2016 2:03 pm

Animalmother wrote:A proximity scan will basically involve...

'Private Jones, stick your head out that hatch and see if there's any Hun's about'
'No Jerries in sight sir'
'Splendid. Driver, move on!'

:D

That exchange has me almost growing a handlebar moustache in anticipation.

The game i linked to above handles the proximity issue by having your Officers be able to call on a recon flight that marks enemies on the map for a short duration.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Mon May 09, 2016 2:04 pm

So a biplane UAV :P
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action