Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Postby Jez » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:06 pm

Mantis wrote:Is Paschendale a part of one of the new Operations? I saw Gallipoli, which I believe is new, but couldn't see anything on the western front. I really need to try some of the modes outside of Operations.

I've just discovered the M1909 support LG. It is ludicrously powerful. Stick a x4 telescopic sight on it, go prone and you can basically snipe people in short bursts from hundreds of meters away. It has drastically improved my K:D ratio.

I only played conquest tonight I don't know if the new maps have been put into the Operations rota or not. Like you say Mantis try out conquest at least. Best way of seeing the new maps is through the Quickmatch menu in multiplayer menu select Conquest and then the Apocalypse set. It'll match you into official servers playing the new maps.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:39 am

Jez wrote:Keep on playing bud. Say did you add me as a friend I saw no request earlier and didn't see you in my friends list. I take it you will be Snowy or variation of that?

I intend to, and fully expect you to join me for some comms and online silliness (and coaching!)

I did add you but note you haven't responded :-k My username on Origin is OriginalSnowy. Anyone else playing it, please add me too :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:30 am

I'll be on today and later thus evening.

Check out a you tuber called Westie. He's got loads of great tip videos and such that i found helpful.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:35 pm

Has to be better than the EA sponsored ones linked in-game. Fuck me what a load of gushing ballhang they were, I wanted to kill the narrator within the first 5 seconds.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Another good youtuber is JackFrags. Again lots of tips and not annoying to listen to.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:09 pm

I might be able to hop on for an hour or so in a little bit.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:06 pm

I won't be on until about 8. Missus late home with work.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 pm

Ran around with Mantis for a while.

Died a lot.

Was fun :D

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:47 pm

Dunno who you added snowy but it wasn't me. I found and sent request to you though.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:50 pm

Snowy n00b tip of the evening #1

Always be spotting! Press Q when you see people especially from far away that you yeah you won't try to kill but it might help someone else. If your a scout make sure and use the flare gun to spot...get the flares in onto points that are being contested by either side. Don't over spam Q though it gains a cool down if you don't actually spot someone after a few presses.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:10 am

Always be chucking out health and ammo as well, it's great for building up points.

The Lewis Gun for the support class is great once you get the hang of it, for a starter weapon it's often much better than some of the later ones you unlock.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:54 am

A useful video. Updated last week.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:26 am

Noob question time then: spotting, can anyone do it or just scouts?

I had some fun with the Lewis gun last night, managing to find some points where I could train it down a trench using the bipod and rake incoming folks, also had a nice run where I was perched against a rock looking up at a ridge-line that folks kept piling over the top of.

Main problem at the moment is not knowing the maps, they are just huge swathes of stuff for me at the moment so I tend to blindly run into trouble or get randomly clipped by the endless snipers.

Multiplayer game types too - what is the best option? I have only really played the attack/defend ones so far. I looked in this thread and saw people talking about Frontline, but couldn't find any maps running it.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:59 am

Conquest is great for learning the game and it's my staple mode. You should have no trouble finding games in the evenings.

Anyone can spot using Q press. Scouts have access to the flare gun (might be a warbond unlock can't remember) which they use as well as Q.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 am

Next tip of the day.

As a medic or a support you have access to 2 types of healing or ammo respectively. One is the pouch and the other is the box. On the face of it the box seems better and it kind of can be BUT it's not mobile. You are better off staying with the pouch forms as you can resupply on the move without having you or your team stalling waiting for stuff to replenish.

Another Q tip. As a medic you can press Q on recently downed teammates to let then know that you are coming to help them. This can help prevent people srupidly and prematurely "skipping" the death screen if they think they are going to be revived. As a further point skipping the death screen doesn't get you back into the action any faster than letting it count down. Further point on pressing Q as a medic... there is also a very handy perk that pops smoke on downed SQUAD mates that gives you a bit of cover in the open.

I could go on.... :)

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action