Jez

Re: Battlefield 5 Announced

Postby Jez » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Meh. We'll see I guess.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:38 pm

That'd be interesting, but I don't see it happening. Surely the only tactic in a Battlefield game is remembering where the aircraft spawn. And it may be just my ignorance, but the level of technology in World War 1 lends itself less to the upgrade-focussed Battlefield games. The only infantry weapons were rifles, pistols and (I think) hand grenades; machine guns were far too large to be operated by one person, and had to be set up like a static emplacement. There were no sub-machineguns, and I don't think shotguns were ever used. Sniper rifles existed, but from what I recall from history lessons in secondary school, they were just standard rifles with a scope.

Tanks were used from the middle of the war I think, but they weren't vulnerable to infantry at all; they had limited mobility and were generally only taken out by artillery shells or aircraft. And the aircraft? Well they'd be entertaining enough I suppose, as they're primitive enough to be damaged by small arms fire, and their anti-infantry capabilities were largely limited to tossing a hand grenade out of the side of your cockpit.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:32 pm

Tanks were armoured buses in WW1 and aircraft were recon and would be shooting their pistols out the canopy so that eliminates the worst parts of a battlefield.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:34 am

WW1 saw the use of submachine guns, semi-auto rifles, pump action shotguns, LMGs and flamethowers. It had what's considered the first attempt at an assault rifle that had a curved magazine and a high rate of fire. It might have been 100 years ago but they had some advanced guns.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:52 am

Guns were never BFs problem, it was tanks with infrared and motion sensors.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:10 am

Animalmother wrote:WW1 saw the use of submachine guns, semi-auto rifles, pump action shotguns, LMGs and flamethowers. It had what's considered the first attempt at an assault rifle that had a curved magazine and a high rate of fire. It might have been 100 years ago but they had some advanced guns.

Looked up SMGs, you're right. Assault rifles though came in WW2.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:31 am

Bf5 if indeed it is ww1 based sounds like a filler release to me. They'll be really thinking about bf6 and a return to the usual thing that bf is known for. Not sure I'll be buying a bf game again unless it really displays some innovation out of the mould.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:22 pm

I honestly can't see them going for WW1 either, as cool an idea as it is how much gameplay could get from it? I'd go for anything as long as it's not another modern setting, unless it was Bad Company 3 that is.

Raid, look up the Fedorov Avtomat gun. Ruskie shooty bang bang from 1915.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:39 pm

Ooooh, Codename Eagle pls
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Animalmother wrote:Raid, look up the Fedorov Avtomat gun. Ruskie shooty bang bang from 1915.

Ah I see. I had to look this up, but the Fedorov Avtomat wasn't strictly an assault rifle, it was an automatic rifle. From what a brief wikipedia adventure tells me, an assault rifle uses lower calibre ammo than an automatic rifle. I've always understood that the StG 44 was considered the first real assault rifle, but admittedly I'm a bit iffy on the definitions of these things.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Ah I only saw it mentioned on a random video somewhere, I know feck all about it . The game makers could invent whatever they wanted to suit the situation at the end of the day, which is fine. A 1970's - 80's setting could be pretty cool.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:55 pm

I'd welcome any change in era at this point. I'm getting a bit bored of modern military shooters.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Battlefield Primal!

A wee bit sad the 2143 rumours never came to anything because 2142 was better than people gave it credit for.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:09 pm

I'd have thought that a future setting would be perfect for a game like this. Surely with CoD moving to future tech, Battlefield will follow suit.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:23 am

A reddit post implies that you will be combating the Russian forces in the Eastern European theater of war, as the game is rumored to be titled Battlefield 5: Eastern Front. Well known European cities are believed to be featured throughout the game, such as Minsk, Kiev and Vilnius.

June 12th official reveal.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action