Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Shoot the shit.
Animalmother

Re: Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Postby Animalmother » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Been using the iron sight bolt-action rifles, great fun dropping people with those :D

Also unlocked that Russian assault rifle, Jesus you can just cut fuckers in half with it!!

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:03 pm

I prefer to use the infantry variants of the single action rifles. Just feels more authentic. The marksman versions are good if you need a little magnification but want to avoid scope going giving you away.

My favourite rifle is the Lebel infantry though if I'm sniping things. It's got a real punchy sound to it.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Two new maps are up and playable, both set in Gallipoli. To unlock one of the new weapons you need 10 revives in a round, I've never seen so many medics actually playing the intended role :lol:

Both maps are good but nothing spectacular.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:16 pm

i love the new maps, especially Achi BaBa - a lot of effort gone into that map when you stop to admire it. i like Cape Helles a lot too but that more for the mode than anything else. The next two im looking forward to a lot. If zeebrugge is anything like its real world inspiration it'll be a great map to play.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:00 am

The Zeebrugge map seems to be a long narrow island for infantry combat surrounded by a large sea area for ships. There's also a mini zeppelin gunship available, basically it's the Apache helicopter of the game.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:22 am

have you had a chance to try out the new elite (infiltrator) yet? its a lot of fun, the grenade launcher is superb and the artillery bombardment flare gun is a great laugh when you get into a good position to properly shell a point being heavily captured. You also get a sawed off shotty and the spawn beacon, not to mention you move slightly faster than other soldiers. Its all a little OP but balanced somewhat by the health being quite low for an elite.

You can get it on Cape Helles at point E in the bunker. Dunno where it spawns in the Achi baba map though.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:54 am

I'm at level 50 now and have only managed to pick up an elite kit maybe 6 or 7 times in total so I don't expect to have a go of it anytime soon. I've also never driven either of the French tanks and only been in a fighter once. Every fucko makes a mad scramble for the good stuff so I rarely get a chance to try it out.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:20 am

be a fucko :) go grab!

nah i know mate it can be hard to get these things sometimes.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:47 pm

My experience of them is that whenever I get something cool a series of enemies will immediately make it their mission to kill me within 30 seconds so I don't really get a chance to learn how to use it properly.

Most fun I had with one so far was defending the final point of the operation in the forest and it gave us a flamethrower kit. I fried a good number of enemies on that round before they took me out.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:25 pm

I've managed to get the big sentry kit a couple of times and gone hog wild. Cleared out an entire bunker of all the stragglers during an operation. The Trench Raider drives me fucking insane, I've seen one decimate an entire trench line all the while being hosed with lead.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 pm

those are properly tanky though - they can take a fair amount of damage

Previous

Return to FPS & Action