Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Postby Jez » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:05 pm

Your a console player of these things though am I right?

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:26 pm

Indeed and it showed sir. I got my mate to plug in his Xbox controller and I got a few kills :lol:

Also picked up the flamethrower and was shredded in seconds from several different directions. They got that bit realistic at least.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:47 pm

You have a pc though right? If so treat yer self to this eh :)

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:11 pm

Only a laptop these days mate. It's the first BF game I haven't gotten on release week since Bad Company 1. I'm obviously excluding Hardline, fuck that shit.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:44 pm

Yeah I passed that by a wide margin also. Seemed like filler to me but its actually supposed to be alright if what I read is true.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Fellow players.

Have you noticed any funniness with the game over the last few days?

- end of round summary not coming up (loading circle followed by the next map)

- I tried joining some of your games last night and couldn't do so without error. Entering other searched games is fine.

- the tracked medals page seems to occasionally revert to older tracked medals. Going onto other servers seems to fix this. Could be that these servers haven't received server side updates or something.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:46 pm

OK, I have a mate at work who raves about this. Is it any good? I haven't played any of the previous Battlefield game, but with this being WW1, I am tempted.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Depends :) I'm currently loving it and having a blast. I hated BF4 though. It's more like the newer Star Wars Battlefront with slightly faster gameplay but not as fast as a COD game.
Graphics are gorgeous.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:16 pm

This is brilliant I've played a little of the single player and that seems very solid and worth playing. The multi is where I spend the lions share of time though. I disliked bf4 personally also and wasn't going to get this but it's turned out to be a nice surprise. The setting is near perfect and sure some license is taken with the weapons but the maps for the most part are beautifully designed especially argonne, St quentin scar and amiens.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:38 am

Nerf the hunter shotgun! Apart from that a good sqaud helps but I do like mixing it up a bit and dotting around the spawn points helpng out which doesn't always suit squad gameplay.
Think I may be origin friends with you Jez as I tried joining a game you were in but it put me in a queue and, well, screw that :)

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:50 am

Aye Rusty same. Tried joining you a few times but meh queue.

The Hunter shotgun is massively OP and I'm proud to say I don't use it personally. Little surprised it didn't get a nerf in the last update.

Being in a decent squad is amazing. Especially with vehicles I've found. Was on St Quentin last night and we had 2 squads in heavy tanks working together capping points we were unstoppable. I was support repairing between the 2 tanks often :) 10 guys in total with no deaths and all positioned at the top of the table.

But even outside of tanks being in a decent squad that's all working the same objectives is a joy. I'm a bit of a whore with it also. I'll keep squad switching until I find one that's working together. I avoid any with more than one sniper as they are usually not pushing objectives usefully.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:04 am

Yeah it definitely feels better than Battlefield 4, it's nice not having all the stupid gadgets and gizmos and stuff and instead relying on infantry and tanks working together. Even the blimp, which is a ballache, isn't impossible to deal with. It's just a great return to form for the series.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:19 am

In another surprise I haven't bothered with hard-core mode in this unlike previous games in the series. The vanilla mode feels about right this time.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:15 am

I'm having lots of fun using the support gun that has 200 roounds in a clip. Lying down it is really accurate and is great for suppressing an area to allow teammates to move up.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:32 am

Right, thats it, I am sold. But I do like sneaking around, and I can be a bit of an anti-social loner though. :D
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action