Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Postby Jez » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:03 am

w00p w00p!

The first of many hundreds no doubt :lol: will have an entire battalion before I know it. I'll try not to sacrifice you all in a glorious over the top to victory move.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:06 pm

So I broke my duck last night and managed to be on the winning team for a couple of rounds on a Conquest server.

I have a question though - are there just some insanely talented players out there, or are there some cheaty types too?

The reason I ask, I was playing as a support class, and was lined up bipod-enabled on some packing crates on the very long thin map (water surrounding a kinda sub-pen dock type affair). I was doing a decent job providing cover fire, and a couple of squads were advancing ahead of me. Then right before my eyes, a guy flew down and kamikaze'd his biplane straight into the advancing troops, neatly stepping out of the plane the split second before the impact and emerging unscathed from the resultant fireball that killed a bunch of my team. He dropped right into my line of fire which was immediately trained on him, only to pop me square in the face with a headshot from his scout rifle, pull out a pistol and cap at least three other players near my body, one shot on each, before vanishing into a building and disappearing from view.

I was so shocked I sat mouth agape, pausing only for a muttered "no fucking way" before commencing catching flies.

So yeah, are there naughty types to be found?
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:16 pm

Hahaha epic. That shit happens sometimes :)

The anti cheat with BF is very good. The very odd one gets through but not for long. I have maybe seen 2 genuine hackers in all my time in the game on a server with me. It doesn't tend to be subtle.

The score of the player concerned tends to be something of a giveaway. In this case he was able to hop out in time pull off a decent shot on you and probably get lucky with the others.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Applied for the platoon too (GBRusty)
God, haven't played this for ages. Even the interface has changed (looks like Battlefront now)

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:40 pm

Good man. Will accept you later tonight.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:07 pm

Had a quick go. Shit, 5 deaths, zero kills. Alt-F4.

I'll have another go later :)

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 am

I actually had a better time of it again last night. Playing as England vs Turkey on a desert-y map, I joined the first time around and spent the whole map as gunner at various positions in a well-driven and repaired heavy tank, which rumbled between capture points meaning I got a lot of cap points as well as a few kills.

Second round (of the two I played) I bagged said heavy tank at the outset and proceeded to mimic the driver from the previous map, rumbling around helping support captures. I had a couple of nice squad wipes where I blew up vehicles that I assume had whole squads in them. I also sent a flamethrower dude on an express elevator to hell with a tank shell to the face which was a nice bit of payback.

The tank got blown up after a while, and I worked with my squad to capture a lot of points on foot - Jez you are right, getting the right squad underneath you is a big plus.

So another two wins under my belt, and a fun map, reminded me a bit of El Alamein from back in the BF1942 days.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Course I'm right. 600+ hours playing this and counting!

Sound like you were on either Sinai Desert or Suez. The former is an excellent map the latter much less so.

Did you get the DLC also? In got the impression you didn't but earlier it sounded like you were describing the sub pens on the Zeebrugge map which is part of the Turning Tide DLC.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:37 pm

Jez wrote:Course I'm right. 600+ hours playing this and counting!

Sound like you were on either Sinai Desert or Suez. The former is an excellent map the latter much less so.

Did you get the DLC also? In got the impression you didn't but earlier it sounded like you were describing the sub pens on the Zeebrugge map which is part of the Turning Tide DLC.

See, I had avoided beating you with that particular stick.

You pointed out a deal on this in the general gaming folder and pushed specifically for me to take the plunge. Just me. Nobody else. So I figured I would listen to my gaming twin and do it.

Bought the game, just the basic model.

Then they went and released the last DLC, and dropped the core game plus DLC to £13 for a day or two.

I ended up grabbing the DLC as an extra for about a tenner on top of the £12 I paid for the base game, when I needn't have.

Damn you and your advice, damn you to Hell (in a Mr Mackey style Heyull) :)

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:52 pm

I'm trying to unlock the Webley revolver but it's just stopped at 11 out of the 25 revolver kills required for some reason. Plus the soldier customisation screen is still reset. Load of wank.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:14 pm

You'll probably find it'll update when you log back in and restart counting. It'll be a server problem rather than a game problem for sure.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:50 pm

Requested to join the platoon.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Lovely jubbly will accept when on next. Anyone that can use that emblem maker and has bags of time maybe try any knock one up that best represents our joyful crew.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:18 pm

The game been acting a bit wonky for anyone else lately? Server setting keep resetting, been placed in empty servers and other such nonsense.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:37 pm

No problems in PC land for me....

Hint hint

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action