Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Postby Jez » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:26 pm

So today DICE release the second half of the Turning Tides DLC (Heligoland and Zeebrugge maps) along with a big weapon balance patch - unsure how the balancing will be received, apparently the testing lot on the Community Test environment loved it so that's hopeful I guess. This balancing isn't just for individual weapons either - its a complete reworking of a lot of the weapon types. Gonna have a go later.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:53 pm

Updating it now, looking forward to new maps. I believe the weapon update makes shotguns more consistent and submachine guns a bit more bunchy. Unfortunately the Hellreigel won't be nerfed into oblivion like most players would like.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Nor the automatico for that matter. But yeah the heilrigel totally needed a drawback that doesn't exist at the moment. I don't use either weapon they feel cheaty to me and I don't like that.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:09 pm

Aye, I refuse to use them myself for the same reason. My update is very slow so I'm looking at another 2 hours before I can check it out.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:30 pm

That's slow. 14 mins for me on a middle of road connection.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:10 am

Enjoyed those new maps. Zeebrugge is the stronger one though for me.

Both maps are heavily vehicle orientated as expected. Heligoland is basically all dominated by vehicles with a little bit of infantry action if you want it. Personally I'm not massively into vehicles in BF but I really enjoyed tooling about in all the various vehicles on this map. It's different and I suppose it helps that the majority of players are also in vehicles. Infantry tend to get chewed up on this map though they have added quite a bit of cover and stationary guns to assist.

Zeebrugge is tilted a little more to infantry but not much more. Unlike heligoland infantry are still required to cap the majority of flags with vehicles providing support. It's an interesting map though multilevelled and quite atmospheric. I swear I could feel the biting north sea wind as I played it :)

The new airship vehicle is a glass cannon. Does lots of damage but it's made of paper and a huge target for everything. My tip is to get as high as possible to get above the angle of fire from coastal guns and other ships etc. If you're hugging the sea you'll be toast in seconds.

The new balance to the weapons seems very good now also. They've done good work here all round with the balancing.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:34 pm

So EA "not announced" BF 2018 yesterday while telling us that Anthem is being "not delayed" until 2019.

They had no information on it but I'm going to call it right here now:

Battlefield 2143: Vietnam bad company 3.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:36 pm

Battlefield Royale.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:21 pm

In fairness it wouldn't surprise me at all Evol. :)

I don't think they'll do a ww2 now. Even though trends suggest they might well do that. I wouldn't be surprised if they went the far future setting and saved a massive return to ww2 until 2020.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:17 pm

It's almost the 80th anniversary of WW2 so they might do it.

Had a go of the new maps, not mad about them but need to play more I think. The battleship exploding is pretty spectacular I must say.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:01 pm

They know how to do EPIC does DICE.

I really like the new maps played them along with the first two turning tides maps thus evening several times. I'm not hugely fond of conquest assault as a mode but as long as you are capping flags and keeping moving and your team is half competent then it's ok.

Got 23 vehicle kills tonight on Heligoland tromping around in a destroyer as a gunner. Felt great.

Shame you haven't got this on PC mate could have some laughs.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:43 am

Yeah, would be nice to play with other people for once.

If I'm honest I haven't noticed much change to the weapons since the patch, except the RSC 1917 medic rifle which is now like an elephant gun! Every second Edwin is still using the Hellreigel so that hasn't changed anyway.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:43 am

I've definitely noticed the difference with the support class weapons and lesser extent the assault class. The ribey rolles is great now.

I don't understand DICE though with the heilrigel and automatico why they can't add a significant inaccuracy to them over range. I don't really mind them being powerful short range but mid and especially long should not be a thing.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:44 pm

The weekly medal system sucks nuts. You have to complete the requirements in the exact order now which is shite and stupid.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Yeah I don't pay those things much attention since forever anyway.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action