Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Shoot the shit.
Animalmother

Re: Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Postby Animalmother » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:01 pm

I'm still in low 80's level wise so I still arse about with such nubbish stuff.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:06 pm

I like the idea of them but really there's no need for them to be completed in order surely.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:56 pm

I think the new DLC is out on Tuesday.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:59 pm

New maps are good except the Italian one which is a complete shit show for the attacking team. Air combat thingy is fun for a round or two but can't see myself bothering with it much.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Been playing kingdom come a lot recently but I'll try out the new maps this weekend. I heard mixed opinions on all of them really but the bar was set quite high with the previous DLC maps so I'm thinking they probably aren't that bad.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Passchendaele is great. Mud, craters and blasted trees, looks amazing.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Aye. Just saw some footage of that one and I think they've captured the horror of the place really well. I visited there a few years back now and it was fucking errie.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:54 pm

DICE confirmed that there will be playable demos of "BF 2018" at E3 this year (in june). I'm sure they'll announce the proper before then though. Still no idea what form it will take.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:16 pm

I feel like they did all that could be achieved with BF4. Hopefully BF 2018 is another semi-futuristic version. No wall running, rocket jumps or any of that silliness, but having mechs instead of tanks and the titan mode from 2142 back would be fantastic.

I really need to get back into BF One. I haven't tried any of the DLC that has dropped since before Christmas.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:09 pm

Yep those maps are great and introduced some nice weapons. They also did a big pass on the balancing of the weapons which was a long time coming and welcome.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:52 pm

Played my first multiplayer shooter in a long while tonight, an attack-y/defend-y type affair. Overall I had fun, although I hadn't got a fucking clue what I was doing and suspect that the toolage that I was being (repeatedly) killed by was somewhat more impressive that my starter set.

Still, had fun, and will go back for more.

Loot crates, scrap, puzzle pieces and all that fanny though, tell me they are irrelevant please someone :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:03 pm

Loot crates are just cosmetic shit that have zero influence in the game, its just weapon and vehicle skins. Scrap you need to buy the guns so it is required.

Glad you had fun anyway, it can be a bit intimidating at first but once you get the gist its a great game. Most of the starter weapons are actually pretty good since the resent patch, the MP18 Trench for example is a murder machine when you hip fire it.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:38 pm

I had a good blast on the new maps tonight. Yep I like them. Even capporetto is pretty good.

Paschendale is the highlight though. When I played it earlier it started out clear and sunny and then the weather began to change and at one point I literally had a "GOD moment". I had just knifed a sniper and turned around to head back up a blasted hillside surrounded by broken houses and trees. I was completely on my own and the sun was going behind a large dark cloud with God rays shining down around. It was stupidly awe inspiring and then the sun disappeared behind the cloud the moment gone and the rain started. Lifted my feet and continued up the hill to the mayhem on the other side.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:46 pm

Is Paschendale a part of one of the new Operations? I saw Gallipoli, which I believe is new, but couldn't see anything on the western front. I really need to try some of the modes outside of Operations.

I've just discovered the M1909 support LG. It is ludicrously powerful. Stick a x4 telescopic sight on it, go prone and you can basically snipe people in short bursts from hundreds of meters away. It has drastically improved my K:D ratio.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:02 pm

Snowy wrote:Played my first multiplayer shooter in a long while tonight, an attack-y/defend-y type affair. Overall I had fun, although I hadn't got a fucking clue what I was doing and suspect that the toolage that I was being (repeatedly) killed by was somewhat more impressive that my starter set.

Still, had fun, and will go back for more.

Loot crates, scrap, puzzle pieces and all that fanny though, tell me they are irrelevant please someone :)

Yeah all that is cosmetic be bothered with it if you want or not.

I tend to stick to Conquest mode myself. Though I do enjoy Frontlines mode and the other modes now and again. Conquest is a generally just right amount of time on a map for me. About 20-25 mins a map. It's also a little more forgiving if the teams are unbalanced skill wise.

Don't worry about your kit seeming "n00by" ... It isn't. I regularly still play with the starting weapon sets. There are some stand out weapons most especially in the assault class like the heilrigel and automatico that are a little OP.

Keep on playing bud. Say did you add me as a friend I saw no request earlier and didn't see you in my friends list. I take it you will be Snowy or variation of that?

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action