Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Shoot the shit.
Animalmother

Re: Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Postby Animalmother » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Been using the iron sight bolt-action rifles, great fun dropping people with those :D

Also unlocked that Russian assault rifle, Jesus you can just cut fuckers in half with it!!

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:03 pm

I prefer to use the infantry variants of the single action rifles. Just feels more authentic. The marksman versions are good if you need a little magnification but want to avoid scope going giving you away.

My favourite rifle is the Lebel infantry though if I'm sniping things. It's got a real punchy sound to it.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Two new maps are up and playable, both set in Gallipoli. To unlock one of the new weapons you need 10 revives in a round, I've never seen so many medics actually playing the intended role :lol:

Both maps are good but nothing spectacular.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:16 pm

i love the new maps, especially Achi BaBa - a lot of effort gone into that map when you stop to admire it. i like Cape Helles a lot too but that more for the mode than anything else. The next two im looking forward to a lot. If zeebrugge is anything like its real world inspiration it'll be a great map to play.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:00 am

The Zeebrugge map seems to be a long narrow island for infantry combat surrounded by a large sea area for ships. There's also a mini zeppelin gunship available, basically it's the Apache helicopter of the game.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:22 am

have you had a chance to try out the new elite (infiltrator) yet? its a lot of fun, the grenade launcher is superb and the artillery bombardment flare gun is a great laugh when you get into a good position to properly shell a point being heavily captured. You also get a sawed off shotty and the spawn beacon, not to mention you move slightly faster than other soldiers. Its all a little OP but balanced somewhat by the health being quite low for an elite.

You can get it on Cape Helles at point E in the bunker. Dunno where it spawns in the Achi baba map though.

Previous

Return to FPS & Action