System Shock 3

Shoot the shit.
Edwin
the cunt

Re: System Shock 3

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:08 am

There is a demo if you want to see how much motion sickness you can get in five minutes.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:36 pm

And Terri Brosius is doing the voice of SHODAN in System shock 3. They've managed to get a fair few of the old talent at Otherside to work on System Shock 3 :)

http://www.develop-online.net/news/othe ... -3/0223640

Original SHODAN voice performer Terri Brosius also returning

Otherside Entertainment has announced the industry veterans set to work on long awaited RPG sequel System Shock 3.

Heading up the team is iconic designer Warren Spector, who announced in February his plan to return to full-time development on the series he helped create as creative director and studio manager.

Spector is joined by a host of co-creators from many of his other franchises, including Deus Ex, Epic Mickey and Wing Commander.

These include design designer Sheldon Pacotti, who served as lead writer for Deus Ex and its sequel Invisible War, as well as lead programmer and designer on projects such as Auto Assault and America’s Army during his 20-plus-year career.

Arturo Pulecio takes on the role of art director, having previously spent some of his 14 years in the industry working on MMOs such as Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online and Warhammer Online, plus both Epic Mickey games.

Rounding out the trio is tech director Jason Hughes, who worked on Wing Commander, Epic Mickey and Star Wars and has founded several studios of his own.

Also joining the Austin, Texas-based team is concept artist Robb Waters, who worked on System Shock and Irrational Games’ spiritual successor BioShock, and creative consultant Doug Church, who was game director for the first System Shock title.

Backing up the development acquisitions is the news that actor Terri Brosius, who provided the voice of evil AI SHODAN, will also return for the sequel.

As previously announced, the senior devs will collaborate with members of Otherside who worked on the original System Shock games, including lead designer and Thief dev Tim Sellmach and art director and BioShock artist Nate Wells – with the studio itself founded by creative director Paul Neurath.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:07 pm

They got a rough release date for this?

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Nothing so far to my knowledge Jez.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Oh pish posh to that then. I read a eurogamer article that said as much also. It's still very much in the design phase if I read into right.

Playing the latest deus ex has reinvigorated my gaming hormones and I'm looking for the next thing on the radar to get stuck into. I'd hoped this was out soonish like maybe next year. Suppose the next thing will be the new mass effect really.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Starbreeze Publishing signs OtherSide Entertainment’s System Shock® 3

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN ( March 14, 2017 ) Starbreeze AB, an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products , has signed a publishing agreement with Otherside Entertainment regarding the game System Shock 3 . Starbreeze will invest $12 million to bring the game to PC and other platforms.

System Shock 3 – The latest in the series of landmark, award-winning games from Otherside Entertainment is in development under the direction of industry legend Warren Spector and a dream team behind such ground breaking games including the original System Shock & System Shock 2 , as well as Thief: The Dark Project and Deus Ex .

"System Shock is one of those iconic franchises in the history of games that still gets my blood going and Mr. Spector is one of the founding fathers of the modern action RPG" said Bo Andersson-Klint, Starbreeze CEO. "We're greatly looking forward to bringing System Shock 3 to players world wide in our collaboration with Otherside Entertainment and Warren Spector's team. I'll be first in line to play".

http://news.cision.com/starbreeze-ab/r/starbreeze-publishing-signs-otherside-entertainment-s-system-shock--3,c2214464
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Previous

Return to FPS & Action