Ghost Recon: Wildlands (2016)

Shoot the shit.
Quietman

Re: Ghost Recon: Wildlands (2016)

Postby Quietman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Teensy issue, Uplay is asking for my two factor authentication which, unfortunately, is on my old broken phone which has no batter! As soon as I can get on it to enter that I'll be in-game!
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:23 am

Dave, apologies mate, forgot I am off gigging tonight so will not be around
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Great fun last night chaps, though shame Prey bailed on the voice chat, obviously my manly tones were too much for him ;)

Also, I think I might be a better plane pilot than Snowy...

Oranje Head

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:44 pm

No worries about tonight, it is Mothers Day and I'm sure we all have commitments. I honestly have no idea why but even in the videos I recorded from the previous night my mic just doesn't register at all even though it was clear I was actually being heard while we were playing by the other guys. Besides listening to you lot always makes me chuckle more anyways.

Twas a good session to be sure which descended into your typical open world chaos towards the very end but at least we were having fun with it after getting our arses handed to us once too often and suffering some slight lag issues and a singular crash on my end out of the blue. First crash I've ever had too but then I did say I should have turned down my graphic settings to cater for playing with three other people online. Still we had some very tense moments and some great team work on display.

My favourite part of the night before everything went GTA like was mine and Vamps glorious sync shot to which Phil commented "textbook". If only the 4 man sync shot we attempted went down as well. :mrgreen:

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:39 pm

I still want to shotgun a place in this co-op thing but have only loaded the game up once for a 15 minute look and feel. The fps is bad at the mo so will need to tweak the settings a bit, but this could be fun.

I managed to get the helecopter back from the first mission but no idea how I managed to actually do it right. It never seemed to want to go forward and the controls left the screen before i had a chance to really work it out.

Oh, should I farm some upgrades before dropping in on some random online?

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Prey wrote:No worries about tonight, it is Mothers Day and I'm sure we all have commitments. I honestly have no idea why but even in the videos I recorded from the previous night my mic just doesn't register at all even though it was clear I was actually being heard while we were playing by the other guys. Besides listening to you lot always makes me chuckle more anyways.

Twas a good session to be sure which descended into your typical open world chaos towards the very end but at least we were having fun with it after getting our arses handed to us once too often and suffering some slight lag issues and a singular crash on my end out of the blue. First crash I've ever had too but then I did say I should have turned down my graphic settings to cater for playing with three other people online. Still we had some very tense moments and some great team work on display.

My favourite part of the night before everything went GTA like was mine and Vamps glorious sync shot to which Phil commented "textbook". If only the 4 man sync shot we attempted went down as well. :mrgreen:

The 4 man would have gone a lot better if I hadn't swapped out my M40 for a double barrel shotgun ^_^

Oranje Head

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:05 pm

I had spent the last day or so completing a fully edited video of this but as it all went to hell I decided to just make this original upload one public instead so it's very rough recorded as is footage but shows enough of us playing together the other night completely no frills.

In case anyone is wondering the lag at various points is due to a household all on the internet at the same time and an Xbox One my son turns on without my knowledge. It's normally lag free.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Do you all use controllers or is it just Prey?

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:29 pm

I'm sort of semi tempted to give this a go just because I miss our old sessions.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Rusty wrote:Do you all use controllers or is it just Prey?

M&K all the way here mate

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:32 am

I've been googling how to fly copters properly and now I can see why I struggled. The controls are just shit :)
Same with the planes. Not being able to do minor adjustments without banking the whole plane! Grr. I got pretty good in Battlefield 2 but not here...Hopfully there's not too much flying.

So, when are we playing co-op? Dying to jump on with you guys. Need to test my mic too. The echo function in the audio option didn't seem to work so maybe the mic wasn't corrcet.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:24 pm

I will be on for a little while this evening, but have to go out to collect the Mrs from the airport so won't be on late.

Add me on uPlay if you haven't already mate.

Helo controls are an acquired taste on Wildlands. On the one hand, you can fly like an absolute ninja once you get your eye in - I took Peaver and Prey on a flat out flight inches above the undulating terrain the other night which had both of them waiting for the crash that never came (unusual for me). On the other, the plain weird mechanics make any front-facing mounted weapons completely pointless, as pointing the nose at anything is a waste of effort.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Typical Uplay seems to be down at the mo

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Got you on my list anyway Rusty :)

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Snowy wrote:I will be on for a little while this evening, but have to go out to collect the Mrs from the airport so won't be on late.

Add me on uPlay if you haven't already mate.

Helo controls are an acquired taste on Wildlands. On the one hand, you can fly like an absolute ninja once you get your eye in - I took Peaver and Prey on a flat out flight inches above the undulating terrain the other night which had both of them waiting for the crash that never came (unusual for me). On the other, the plain weird mechanics make any front-facing mounted weapons completely pointless, as pointing the nose at anything is a waste of effort.

Do the blackhawk style helos have user operated side guns on them?

Oranje Head

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action