Ghost Recon: Wildlands (2016)

Shoot the shit.
Rusty

Re: Ghost Recon: Wildlands (2016)

Postby Rusty » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:00 am

I always assumed you were English but moved to America. You born and breed there then?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 am

Amended my rather sweary post on Narco Road, now a little less sweary and more structured :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:35 pm

Rusty wrote:I always assumed you were English but moved to America. You born and breed there then?

My mother is from Watford, Hertsfordshire :) I'm American, though. My dad was in the US Air Force so we moved around a lot. We lived in Watford for about a year, actually, during the Vietnam War (they kicked us off base - long story there), Japan, Hawaii, and California. I spent most of my youth outside of the States, really. Might be why I don't come across as a typical American asshat? :D :mrgreen: At least, that's my hope!

My signature is like a time capsule from the Wild West of the internet :o

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Some nice places on the list there Soli. Watford not so much.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:50 am

Hey, my mum is from Watford too. But we didn't move so far. Only down to Devon.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm

I'm trying to take out these cocaine lab cook pots, and could use some help if anyone's around right now ;)

Edit: Thanks, Rusty! That was an awesome little jaunt. See you all soon!

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:35 pm

Took on one of the drug sub missions in solo mode - extreme difficulty of course...

Enjoy. :)

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:07 am

New 6.7GB Update released...

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands – Patch 3.5 Changelog:

NEW FEATURES• Players can request for help now while in down state.

BUG FIXES

Fixed the fast travel icon not being displayed on the tacmap when using a Steam Controller.
Fixed an issue where the screen would flicker when exiting the vehicle while using the Tobii Eye tracking device.
Fixed an issue where the game language was not automatically set if the Arabic language was set as the title’s language, from the Steam client.
Fixed an issue where the game would show an incorrect display resolution in the Video menu if ALT+TAB was used during the confirmation pop-up message.
Fixed an issue where the gray screen when the character is downed was displayed in NVIDIA Ansel.
Fixed an issue where the 360 screenshot in Ansel had visual corruption if Ansel was used while the Night Vision was activated.
Fixed an issue where the Weapon Fanatic achievement was not awarded if the weapon pack item was bought from the in game store.
NARCO ROAD

Fixed and issue where the screen would flicker when using nitro boost while being detected.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:16 am

All that begubbins of parish notices equals 6.7gb wow.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:51 am

That is pretty ridiculously bloated for a bunch of bug fixes.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:21 pm

Glad I checked in here! I was hoping to play a bit this morning. Downloading now :)

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:48 pm

20% off the game on Steam until May 1st...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460930?snr=1_41_4__42

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon May 01, 2017 9:53 am

Snowy and I had a fantastic little session together taking on multiple missions my favourite being one where we had to track down a prototype El Cerebro was working on and shut it down.

As great as the games 4 way coop can be I just think sometimes I do much prefer it as a 2 man cooperative experience simply because it just feels much tighter and more organic. Setting up targets for each other or just taking on incoming tango's that's precise, fluid and efficient. I have Snowy's back and he has mine and due to the fact we've played together over the course of many years we tend to gel extremely well together even without me using a mic Snowy knows pretty much my course of action under any given situation and I his. It's focused. It's methodical. It's rather wonderful. The fact we two manned and completed any mission at all gave us both much delight.

As Ian said he's finished the main campaign something I am a long way off doing and yet he's drawn back to Wildlands on a frequent basis. The game just keeps on giving. It often pains me whenever Ubisoft release a new update to still read people's comments concerning the game that it just isn't worthy of your time and it's the typical Ubisoft game fodder that deserves to be overlooked so do yourself a favour and stay the fuck away. If there's one thing I never expected and I'm sure the same goes for Snowy I never once thought an open world Ghost Recon game would work particularly well but it does on so many levels some I never even expected it would. The more I play, the better it gets.

It's not all about the type of game world it's about how you play the game and Wildlands is the first Ubisoft game in a long time to restore much of my faith in the company simply because every single time I fire it up I come away feeling fulfilled. It's just such a damn shame that they catered so well for long term GR fans and then somehow completely lost their way with the first released DLC that is not only not in tune with the main gaming experience but something that Snowy and myself will no doubt not even touch waiting instead for the 2nd DLC to drop that is more in line with our expectations.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon May 01, 2017 10:17 am

I would echo all of that basically.

In keeping with the concept of a Sandbox, GR:W really is what you make of it. If you dial down the difficulty and play with all the artificial aids, then going Rambo start to finish would work for you, but you would be missing out on what the game offers.

The El Cerebro mission Dave references I know he will be uploading soon, but I also know that we got spotted early on so it is pretty combat-heavy. A real shame he didn't record the preceding mission where we had to snatch a high ranking enemy from a stage, with around 20 high level Sicarios in attendance.

We crept in and used drones to scour the area, quickly becoming disheartened as to our chances of a stealthy incursion just because of the numbers of enemies - all it takes is one to spot a Ghost or one of their buddies dead and the alarm is sounded, and once that happens you usually end up in a firefight one way or the other. We relocated to the gates of the outpost, and timing our shots took out several of the guards. We then had a run of reactive kills where we could see enemies whose route was going to bring them to one of their downed compadres, so had to react really quickly to take them out before they sounded the alarm.

By the time this played out, we realised that we had thinned their numbers sufficiently to be able to clear all the enemies around the main target area, so proceeded to do so. This left around 6 Sicarios and the main target, who we needed to abduct. A quick chat between us agreed on an armoured Humvee with mounted minigun as our exfil vehicle, giving us an offensive option just in case. Dave moved round and between us we flanked the stage area, and on the signal opened up, taking down all bar one of the Sicarios. The target ran for it, straight up the path into my loving embrace ;)

While you are dragging someone with you, you only have your pistol available. Dave was keeping the final enemy pinned in cover, but could not land a shot on him. Thankfully as I moved the target to the exfil vehicle, I had the opportunity to lean over the wall above him and drill him with my pistol, freeing Dave up to join the escape.

We got to the Humvee, bundled the target inside, and raced to the extraction point a couple of clicks away. Every enemy in the camp downed, target extracted, and not once was the alarm raised until we made our final play. A perfect mission and the kind of thing that makes my black little heart sing :D

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Well over 100 hours logged now and my enjoyment hasn't waned at all, pretty sure this will be my GOTY. Not for everyone I can fully accept, and much of my enjoyment is from it being a co-op experience (definitely not GOTY material played solo), but still - brilliant fun. I am on most evenings, so anyone wanting some co-op play I am happy to join you for it.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action