Lego World [PC] - The New Minecraft

Shoot the shit.
Medicine Man

Lego World [PC] - The New Minecraft

Postby Medicine Man » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Since Minecraft is/was the new Lego surely that makes this the new Minecraft? Wait, no, the new, new Lego. Eh, what? :?

Out now on Steam early Access for £11.99

Developed by Traveller's Tales the game brings procedurally-generated worlds made entirely of LEGO Bricks.

The sandbox allows players to use LEGO building sets digitally to create their own levels. The game will come with pre-made structures and other terrain customization tools.

A select number of physical sets can already be unlocked in-game during Early Access, and more is promised in future updates. Multiplayer and sharing features are planned for launch.

Re: Lego World [PC] - The New Minecraft

Postby Lee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Don't show your Kid MM this game!
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:29 am

Considering the issues the Lego MMO had and why they had to go through it I'm quite surprised that this game has been developed. ... -says-lego

I guess as long as it remains singleplayer only it wont run in to those issues, but a big draw for people who play Minecraft is allowing other people to see what they have built and working together so surely Lego World needs to go online eventually.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Postby eVoL » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:20 am

That why it's 12 quid. Lego World Online is next year.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:09 am

I'd imagine that, like Minecraft, it'll have hosted multiplayer, rather than MMO-style servers. Unlike Minecraft it probably won't have the ability to use public servers.

Honestly, it just doesn't look like Lego to me. Minecraft felt like Lego because everything was blocky, but for Lego World to be of the correct scale, the pieces have to be far smaller. Rolling landscapes just look, well, unnatural in Lego (and although I've seen some incredible Lego landscape builds in my time, they take years to put together by semi-professionals with big budgets). The building tools have to allow you to build things out of much larger shapes that consist of hundreds of individual bricks (else to build in scale, piece by piece would take forever), which won't feel like Lego.

Return to FPS & Action