Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [PC, PS4, Xbone]

Shoot the shit.
Medicine Man

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [PC, PS4, Xbone]

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:33 pm

Adalaar
Augmented

Re: Square Enix Are Up to Something - Deus Ex?

Postby Adalaar » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:14 pm

Should be Deus Ex-Mankind Divided,PS4,Xbone and PC.
cHeal wrote: I don't care one way or another whether GamerGate is all white or all black migrant transgender midget. .

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:21 pm

I'm wondering if they've really had some poor sod in a room all day.
It's either video trickery or performance art. :P

Also, Deus Ex on current gen systems? Where's the rubber tube? Gotta get that vein nice and ready.

Adalaar
Augmented

Postby Adalaar » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Subway Diet wrote:I'm wondering if they've really had some poor sod in a room all day.
It's either video trickery or performance art. :P

Also, Deus Ex on current gen systems? Where's the rubber tube? Gotta get that vein nice and ready.

Video trickery- they had the same looping 1min 30 secs video going for 4 hours straight per slight clip reveal.
cHeal wrote: I don't care one way or another whether GamerGate is all white or all black migrant transgender midget. .

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:31 pm

Here's the Deus Ex site mentioning the Can'tKillProgress thing and suggesting something will be revealed tomorrow.

And here's some leaked information that says much, much more and is probably what was to be revealed tomorrow.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:07 am

Officially announced last night by both Eidos Montreal and Gameinformer.

That said, The Formal Official Announcement is still going ahead, so feel free to keep watching the weird Twitch stream.

As everyone ever has already said... I totally did ask for this.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:53 am

I hope they do another ace trailer.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:04 am

Something along the lines of the previous game, without the silly bosses and the "press one of these three buttons to get a different ending" please.

Thanks. Bye.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Medicine Man

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [PC, PS4, Xbone]

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:16 am

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Reveal Trailer:

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:30 pm

Yessss. :D

I just wish they'd make a CGI film.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:55 pm

Sold
:D
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:11 am

RPS has recapped the main details from the Game Informer preview.

-Takes place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution
    -Listed as single-player, no mention of multiplayer
    -Jensen is part of a covert, goverment-sponsored task force called Task Force 29, a new bracnh of Interpol, to combat a new breed of terrorism
    -Jensen doesn't full trust Task Force 29, also feeds intel to another covert organization called the Juggernaut Collective
    -In true Deus Ex fashion, you often receive conflicting missions, neither can be fully trusted
    -Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
    -Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
    -Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
    -The story they're telling is building to events that take place in the original Deus Ex
    -With Mankind Divided, they're exploring the original game's past; "Is the depiction of past events from the original Deus Ex true? Will we discover stuff we never knew?"
    -Added a lot of diversity to the environments
    -Females are also now part of the regular enemies in the game
    -One of Jensen's missions takes him to Utulek Station in Prague, now a ghetto for augmented individuals
    -It is nicknamed "Golem City", based on the real life Kowloon Walled City
    -Shops line the streets, temporary housing units stacked on one another reaching upwards toward the sky; claustrophobic atmosphere
    -Mission to track down a leader of an aug group, but police have captured the informant
    -Can choose to butter up the informant's wife for clues or cause a scene with the police
    -Alternatively Jensen can bypass this area of the game altogether and find the leader's hideout on his own
    -Mentions Jensen engaging in tense conversation with the leader, resulting in a diplomatic solution or violence
    -Transhumans (augs) referred to as "clanks" by police
    -"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
    -Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
    -Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply
    -Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution
    -Aug examples:
    Tesla: little darts pop out of Jensen's knuckles allowing him to tag enemies and take them out quietly
    Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (can combine with cloaking)
    C.A.S.I.E.: Allows Jensen to analyze the mental state of individuals, helping him to respond adequately in conversations
    PEPS Gun: Non-lethal weapon that pops out of Jensen's bionic arm and fires a concussive blast allowing him to knock an enemy out, kill him or flee
    -Augmentation features can be assigned on the d-pad for quick selection
    -Augmentations consume a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
    -Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
    -New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies
    -No plan for Human Revolution saves to carry over, but Eidos is planning for a franchise now, want to expand further after HR's success
    -No plans for a Deus Ex MMO
    -Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
    -Mankind Divided's moment-to-moment action plays out like a series of set-piece moments, a 'remarkable feat' considering nothing is scripted
    -Jensen can adjust his weapons at any point mid-battle, changing ammo type, firing pattern, scopes, etc
    -Some enemies have external tech like exoskeletons and mechs to combat Jensen
    -Variety of enemies have a diversity of weapons, augments, or other high-tech combat tools, some have high-jump abilities, etc
    -Focused on making A.I. more aggressive, flanking, etc
    -Certain elements of the environment now react to combat
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:03 pm

All sounds good, and I have to say I really liked Human Revolution. If they've learned their lesson from the boss battles and improve on everything else they did before then I can see it being a winner :)
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Hmmmm we'll see. I'm not fully sold as HR didn't hit the spot for me really. It was ok. It felt.very console centric which is unavoidable these days.
I didn't gel with the character he was complete knob in general I and I didn't like the story or feel much for any of the other characters. The voice acting was passable but not remarkable.
The levelling system about halfway through was uninteresting entirely, I had lots of points to spend but could not be arsed spending them in what was left on the tree.
there was lots of other things I disliked but....

...The game wasn't "bad" having said all that. I'm just not pumped for a sequel that might be more of the same.

Next

Return to FPS & Action