Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [PC, PS4, Xbone]

Shoot the shit.
Vykromod

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [PC, PS4, Xbone]

Postby Vykromod » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Quietman wrote:If they've learned their lesson from the boss battles

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that the Director's Cut version adds options to the boss battles other than the stand-up fights of the original version. Apparently a lot of them feel tacked on, which they kind of were, but if the idea of giving the player alternatives is built into any boss fights in Mankind Divided from the start then things should be better.

My main hope is that Cutscene-Jensen isn't a moron this time. I played Human Revolution with a personal mission to quietly punch out everyone. By the time anyone knew I was in the building, they and all their friends were unconscious. It always annoyed me that the first boss fight was preceded by Cutscene-Jensen disregarding stealth and stomping into the middle of a well-lit open space. I felt much the same in Upper Hengsha, where I'd carefully moved through an office building reading all the incidental details and gradually building up a picture of the CEO as a terrifying person only to have her drape herself on Cutscene-Jensen like a piece of clothing, tell a story about how she's forced to serve even more powerful people, and not get introduced to a taser.

I'm also wondering what contrived reason will be given for you starting with few to no augs despite Jensen being a walking sales catalogue for the things by the end of Human Revolution.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:06 am

I am with Jez - DX:HR was....alright.

Were there to be some form of open world a la GTA city, rather than small cramped set-piece maps that don't really give the impression of being in a city at all, then maybe they could make something interesting. As it stands though? Nah, not overly excited at the premise of more.

The original was a golden piece of gaming, but DX:HR wasn't even close.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:07 am

I'm not sure if the series is one I would like to see follow the trend of going openworld as I'm not sure that style would fit the game. Make the levels bigger sure, but if they went openworld they would be left with hardly any time and resources to craft the missions that you want. Deus Ex is about tackling missions in a multiple of different ways, making the whole thing openworld doesn't suddenly make that more viable.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

katarn

Postby katarn » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:25 pm

I really enjoyed Human Revolution, felt it was a good stab at updating and continuing the series. Take away the boss fights and the rest of the game was lovely stuff.

If they make something in a similar vein I'll be pretty happy.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:27 pm

I was going to comment that while I enjoyed DXHR the first time, I've never been able to complete a replay, always get bogged down a bit by the time you reach Hong Kong or wherever that bit is. But then I saw that according to Steam I've played it for 88 hours.

So, yeah, I've obviously got a lot of playing time out of it so more in a similar vein would be pretty good.
My face is tired.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:41 pm

25 minute gameplay video -

Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Is it orange?

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Gamesradar wrote:Deus Ex Mankind Divided lets you defeat bosses with combat, stealth or a chat

Despite being one helluva great game, Deus Ex: Human Revolution's boss fights were a nasty bottle of plonk next to the balanced vintage of the main story. Eidos Montreal has already promised that it's leaned from its boss battle boo boos while still pushing itself to ask some really hard questions with its latest effort, Mankind Divided. In the latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine, gameplay director Patrick Fortier and narrative director Mary DeMarle discuss the importance of giving you the same freedom of choice you have in boss encounters as you do in the main game.

Considering the stark difference of quality between those dust-ups and Human Revolution's engaging story, it's so surprise to learn those battles were actually developed by a separate studio. Thankfully, for Mankind Divided, Eidos Montreal is firmly in charge. "It’s all about supporting all the different play aspects," says Fortier. "That was the main thing that was missing from the boss fights. Thematically, I think they were interesting, but certain players found a challenge there that wasn’t really catered to them." Mankind Divided’s bosses are much more balanced in this regard. "There are ways to stealth them, there are ways to beat them in combat and there are conversations you can have that maybe give you a different means of dealing with the situation altogether."

"You can also decide to do it lethally or not," adds narrative director Mary DeMarle. "For Human Revolution, because of the way we designed it, [the bosses] always died in the cutscenes. You had no choice. But we rectified that in the Missing Link DLC, and we’ve rectified it in this game." This means the outcome of your boss fight will directly affect the story going forward. Finally, true Deus Ex choice is ours!
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:02 pm

I hope they put moar orange in it. Lots of orange! Like an orangey convention.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:42 pm

Apparently there's a lot of product-placement from Tango and Sunkist so we should be alright.
It'll make a nice change from Apple. :)

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:46 pm

Out 23rd of February 2016.

Collector's edition...

And 'augment your pre-order' :lol:

#-o

Tank

Postby Tank » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:52 pm

Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:09 pm

At least they didn't waste money on a voice over.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:09 am

Looks like they reset the down votes I wonder why.

Well I can always wait on a sale to get the game with all the stuff included.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:59 pm

They've shut down the "Augment your pre-order" malarkey -

https://www.deusex.com/news/aypo-cancelled

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action