Hatred!

Shoot the shit.
Subway Diet

Re: Hatred!

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:51 am

Again, another site that went from hand wringing to being way too cool to care. :P

I'm still having some fun with the game though, from seeing the reviews, I get the sense not many people share my reasons for playing it. The main draw continues to be that I find it's angst filled posturing hilarious. Doesn't hurt that the gunplay continues to be satisfactory, the level design interesting and the atmosphere to be quite effective. Don't get me wrong. It's not a good game in any sense, but it is fascinating and funny, intentionally or not, in it's dumbness.

That said, I've yet to get into the later levels where it's meant to go stupid hard. We shall see if the joke has worn thin by then. :-k
End of an Era

Subway Diet

Re: Hatred!

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Finally got around to finishing this and, you know what, I didn't hate it.

It's pretty much the shittiest death metal turned into a video game... and I think that's pretty hilarious. It was the atmosphere and angst certainly helped carry it along through the rough spots.

Haha. And man, the dumb shit that goes on in this game is unbelievable. I mean, not to spoil the ending, but when you're running around in a nuclear power plant, gunning down soldiers as the soundtrack goes into full apocalyptic choir and organ mode, it's quite a sight to behold. :lol:

That said, I hope no one thinks I'm deep into this trench coat mafia horse shit. I simply get a kick out of schlocky games, and this delivered in edgy spades. It's like my reality check. In case I'm playing too many amazing games, I need something amusingly awful to help me appreciate the best.
End of an Era

Previous

Return to FPS & Action