LawBreakers [PC] - Project DOA

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: LawBreakers [PC] - Project Bluestreak - F2P FPS

Postby Jez » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:16 pm

I agree Phil. I couldn't think of the name of the game but yeah over watch.

Think a lot of these games are trying to be tf2 a-like and I'd think the market is fairly saturated as tf2 is the one stop game for class based MP really.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:42 pm

I'm still enjoying Dirty Bomb a lot tbh. It's a nicely refined version of W:ET and QW:ET.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:50 am

Same here, I'm not sure what it is about Overwatch, but it just doesn't quite gel with me.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:59 am

Cliffy B has announced that this game is no longer free to play because he says it turns out people don't like free to play shooters and also that it was effecting the design of the game. They were trying to figure out how to make money rather than focusing on making a fun game. It wont be a full price game though, more mid priced. They have also changed the art style to make it a bit less cartoony and less like Overwatch and Battleborn.

The game is due this summer and will be coming exclusively to Steam.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:18 am

Trying to figure out how best to describe my feelings on this, and the myriad of other e-sports area shooters that are coming out, but just can't find the right deflating fart noise sound effect to post.

And yes, this is a very thoughtful and relevant post. [-(
End of an Era

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:54 am

Because free to play doesn't always mean you will gain the player numbers to keep it afloat just look at Tribes: Ascend which I adored personally but then I also got to see it die a slow drawn out death. Once the developers finally decided to recommit to bringing it back to life the ship had already sailed and no amount of changes could save it.

For as many gamers having something that you can download and play free of charge will entice to give it a go there's an equal or even greater number who will give it a wide berth because they don't agree with the business model that comes with it.

Cliff Bleszinski's name being attached may just raise enough curiosity in some to give it a go because of what he once was in the PC gaming archives of old and his work both with UT and the UT mapping community. Boss Key Productions on the other hand have a lot of pressure on them as a development studio and they know they can't afford to fuck up their first launch title with dreams of free to play overight glory.

"I think it took away from development," "We ended up being focused on how to get money, as opposed to how to make a good game." says it all and I have nothing but admiration for them altering their focus because of it.

With the new found love for arena shooters growing by the day I know I for one will be putting my hand in my pocket and buying it whereas had it been free to play I doubt I would have ever even checked my bank balance and just left it all down to the old xp grind instead.

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:52 am

Does look a lot better than I thought it was going to be.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:52 pm

If you had told me that was a video of Blops 3 gameplay I never would gave doubted it.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Subway Diet wrote:Trying to figure out how best to describe my feelings on this, and the myriad of other e-sports area shooters that are coming out, but just can't find the right deflating fart noise sound effect to post.

And yes, this is a very thoughtful and relevant post. [-(

Ffffflrrtllrrtllrapapaprrrlllllprprprpop *pop*
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:11 am

Only played the one match so this is a snap judgement, but the game seems bad. The classes feel totally unbalanced and there is little to no feedback that you are actually hitting someone or that you are really being hit. So yeah, first impressions are not good.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:50 pm

This game is completely DOA. As of 30 minutes ago there were only 260 active players and even the beta only saw 7k playing. Cliff Bleszinski has blamed his 'polarizing personality' for the game starting out so slowly and not the fact he once commented that all PC enthusiasts were in fact all pirates. Looks like those same enthusiasts showed him how they feel by voting with their wallets and not buying his new game.

Quake Champions is already out on Steam early access too and for a whole £5 less than this supposed budget based arena shooter.

DjchunKfunK

Re: LawBreakers [PC] - Project DOA

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:55 pm

I've played both games and Quake Arena Champions is a far superior game, if it didn't have the Quake name on it nobody would care.

It's a shame that this game has sold so poorly as it is a really good shooter with some unique and interesting mechanics. I don't think it's poor sales have anything to do with CliffyB and his opinions, it's just one of those things where a game fails to catch on.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Yep it's just one of those thing I think also deej. This one didn't even get a look in from me and it's not likely to either. There's so much out there with this sort of thing that I won't bother with it. I'm maybe getting a bit too old in the gaming tooth for the twitchy fast paced shooter these days.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:52 pm

There has been some video analysis on YouTube. It's the summer season. It's like Overwatch. No advertising. Maybe some games are destined for mediocrity no matter what the reason.

PUBG is doing gang busters with no advertising and it's the summer season.

I forgot Cliff B dissed PC gamers. So what goes around comes around. Ha ha.
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Saints Row 3 / Valiant Hearts (XBO) / Rochard / RTW 2

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:17 am

I mean, put poetically, Cliffy is a Edwin.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Previous

Return to FPS & Action