Batman: Arkham Knight [PC, PS4, XBone] - June 2015

Shoot the shit.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight [PC, PS4, XBone] - June 2015

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Wow, that's tough. At least you knew what caused it to feck up... would have been horrible to have it happen again.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Still no sign of the pc-fix-em-up patch then? Hope it's soon cos I have a weekend coming up with no baby or wife and witcher 3 is just about done with so I neeeeeeeed something otherwise it's rewatching house of cards or the wire on TV.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Sounds like a perfect time to try out one of the games you no doubt bought in a past Steam sale and have yet to play.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:08 pm

Ha no chance I don't do sales. If I like a game it gets bought day one cos I have far too much money and I'm stupid like that with it.

Might boot up team fortress 2 and smash some of that.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 pm

So, I've finally gotten back into the game.
It's really 'effin good, isn't it? :-k
End of an Era

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:36 pm

In parts.

Am off puppy-sitting for a couple weeks, so because I need to keep eyes on the little furry grenade at all times, picked it up on the PS4. Game is good, batmobile less so. Positively detest the 'Batmobile as a third-person shooter' sections.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:25 pm

Had been hearing that the Batmobile was divisive. I mean, the tank combat doesn't particularly say "BATMAN" to me, but I certainly get a kick out of it.

Honestly, I'm so cack handed with the hand to hand, Batmobile stuff is the only thing I'm actually consistently good at so far. :lol:
End of an Era

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:41 pm

Tweaktown wrote:Batman: Arkham Knight will not return on PC until the end of the year

We only just reported that Warner Bros was changing its internal review policies after the mess that is Batman: Arkham Knight on PC, but now we're seeing that Rocksteady isn't releasing the updated version of Arkham Knight on the PC until fall 2015 - so, September - December, 2015.

Batman: Arkham Knight's DLC on the PC will be delayed, with WB Games saying: "Our continued focus on getting the right PC fixes in place for the main game has had an impact on the development of all DLC content for the PC version of the game. This means that the Batman: Arkham Knight - Batgirl: A Matter of Family DLC will not be available on July 14th for those who are currently playing the PC version of the game. We apologize for the delay and only want to make sure that any content that we offer is up to the standards that PC players expect".

The company apologized to its fans in a post, where it said: "Again, we would like to apologize to you, the fans, and let you know that we are taking full responsibility for releasing a product that did not meet our quality standards, which is why we suspended sales of the game as soon as we understood the issues". As for future releases, we should hopefully not have to worry, with WB Games adding: "We can also assure you that because of this latest launch, we are modifying the internal review process for all of our games. For those who are waiting for the updated version of the game on PC, please know that we are working on this every day. For the players who are continuing to play Batman: Arkham Knight on PC, fixes are continually being made to the game as we await the final updated version".
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Really incredible what sort of rose tinted glasses were the QA team looking through when they passed out a game that needs this amount of time to fix.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:06 pm

I imagine the QA team were largely ignored and that WB pushed the game out of the door anyway. QA always gets the short end of the stick in these scenarios when it's often not their fault that problems they find aren't dealt with.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:11 am

Subway Diet wrote:Had been hearing that the Batmobile was divisive. I mean, the tank combat doesn't particularly say "BATMAN" to me, but I certainly get a kick out of it.

Honestly, I'm so cack handed with the hand to hand, Batmobile stuff is the only thing I'm actually consistently good at so far. :lol:

The bad thing is trying to drive it using mouse and KB. Because of the digital 'off or on' steering and acceleration the car goes all over the shop which is really annoying on some of the story missions that require high accuracy...

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:18 am

Why has nobody made an analog keyboard yet? To the den!!!

You know, after the stupid passes It could be kind of awesome. You could customise how high the keys bite. Mechanical keyboards are so 1990's
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:06 am

It would certainly make sense, you think of all the daft gaming keyboards and nobody has contemplated that feature.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:32 pm

So the PC version may remain broken until September-November time.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... umn-report
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Dr@gon-UK wrote:
Tweaktown wrote:Batman: Arkham Knight will not return on PC until the end of the year

We only just reported that Warner Bros was changing its internal review policies after the mess that is Batman: Arkham Knight on PC, but now we're seeing that Rocksteady isn't releasing the updated version of Arkham Knight on the PC until fall 2015 - so, September - December, 2015.

Batman: Arkham Knight's DLC on the PC will be delayed, with WB Games saying: "Our continued focus on getting the right PC fixes in place for the main game has had an impact on the development of all DLC content for the PC version of the game. This means that the Batman: Arkham Knight - Batgirl: A Matter of Family DLC will not be available on July 14th for those who are currently playing the PC version of the game. We apologize for the delay and only want to make sure that any content that we offer is up to the standards that PC players expect".

The company apologized to its fans in a post, where it said: "Again, we would like to apologize to you, the fans, and let you know that we are taking full responsibility for releasing a product that did not meet our quality standards, which is why we suspended sales of the game as soon as we understood the issues". As for future releases, we should hopefully not have to worry, with WB Games adding: "We can also assure you that because of this latest launch, we are modifying the internal review process for all of our games. For those who are waiting for the updated version of the game on PC, please know that we are working on this every day. For the players who are continuing to play Batman: Arkham Knight on PC, fixes are continually being made to the game as we await the final updated version".
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action