Batman: Arkham Knight [PC, PS4, XBone] - June 2015

Shoot the shit.
Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight [PC, PS4, XBone] - June 2015

Postby Wolfy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:01 am

Yeah, same. Still got it installed even though I 100%ed it.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:13 am

Steam wrote:September 3rd Update and Patch Notes

4 September - Yorick

Good news - testing for the interim patch has been completed and it is now available for those who already have Batman: Arkham Knight for PC. As a reminder, below are some of the major fixes and improvements that will be addressed with this patch:

Reduced frame rate hitches
Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
Fixed low resolution texture bugs
Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)

In addition to the above, we’re continuing to work on the following for future updates:
Adding support for SLI and Crossfire
Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content
Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode
Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play
Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs

As always, we will monitor for any additional issues that come up and will provide further optimizations and bug fixes along the way.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and invaluable feedback. We’ll provide ongoing updates here as they are made available. In the meantime, please enjoy the game with the latest patch.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:37 am

Game will be re-released on PC at the end of October along with another patch...

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/ ... 8427632890

As many of you know, we released a major patch for Batman: Arkham Knight PC a few weeks ago. While there were significant performance improvements made to the game, the teams are continuing to work on the additional updates that were outlined in our previous post. We expect these updates to be ready at the end of October, at which time the PC version will be made available for purchase. In addition, support for all DLC that has been released for the console versions will be in place.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:59 am

My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:31 pm

aye crap this. saw something similar on eurogamer this morning.

dont understand this cluster of a development at this point.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:47 pm

Tweaktown wrote:Batman: Arkham Knight needs 12GB RAM on Windows 10 PC's

Although Batman: Arkham Knight has finally made its way back onto Steam, it looks like Warner Bros. hasn't made any actual progress in the last fourth months of tweaking--the game is still very much a mess on PC platforms, so much so that gamers will need a minimum of 12GB of system RAM in order to counteract Arkham Knight's huge performance issues.

As soon as Arkham Knight was re-released on Steam, gamers started to realize that little to no actual improvements had been made. The latest Batman game still doesn't support multi-GPU Crossfire or SLI setups, meaning enhanced graphics performance is off the table. The game still doesn't play very well on Windows 7, leading to hard-drive paging issues during extended periods of play. But the biggest let down is that you won't even be able to play the game if you don't have at least 12GB of RAM. "For Windows 10 users, we've found that having at least 12GB of system RAM on a PC allows the game to operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience," reads an update from Warner Bros. Digital Foundry also notes that the re-released version of Batman: Arkham Knight is pretty much the same version as the September update, noting that no significant changes or improvements appear to have been made. The caped crusader's sordid saga will likely continue as Warner Bros. scrambles to patch-up this PC catastrophe, and it might be another four months before any actual progress is made.
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:52 pm

I think it's safe to say this ain't ever going to be fixed and should be just dropped and pc owners offered straight up refunds from wherever they bought it from.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:20 pm

But but but but but

Why does its work fine on the platforms of lesser ability? Aren't consoles basically pc based these days?

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:55 pm

I'd take a guess and say the lesser resolution, the fact they had Rocksteady do it for the console version and left it to Iron Galaxy Studios to do the port for the pc.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:26 pm

They are giving the past games for free and I never did buy Blackgate or Origins and the cost of those two separate is what I paid for AK so I'm fine with it, it can wait. ;) Suck for people that care about Batman though.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:25 pm

Warner offering Steam refunds for anyone who has bought the game no matter how long they played it. You have from now until the end of the year to apply for a refund for the game and any season passes purchased.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/ ... 6369779495
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:24 pm

Even if I've 100% it :) Might have to give that a go. They patched it after I completed it so I never bothered to play it again with slightly smoother graphics (I did try it and it was better)

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:17 am

Does this effectively mean they have given up on it now?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:26 pm

It certainly sounds like they have from that post. It's been what three months that they have spent trying to fix it and it is still broken for a lot of people. It appears that it has systemic issues that will take a serious investment to fix and they probably wont want to bother with that.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Wonder what this is like now on pc.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action