Hitman - 2015 (Episode One now free!)

Shoot the shit.
Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Re: Hitman - 2015 (Episode One out now)

Postby Snowy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:09 am

I bit the bullet (fired from a silenced Silverballer) yesterday, and early impressions are bloody awesome I have to say. The disaster that was the last Hitman has been well and truly expunged, and from what I have seen (two tutorial missions and a brief wander around in Paris) you are back to sandbox levels where you get to work out your own approach in your own time, with no awful escape sequences that you have no control over.

From reading some reviews (there now being 5 chapters available) the quality pervades each mission with significant replay value on each.

From all I have seen and read so far, if you are considering a punt you get a good chunk of game for your money, plus the Contracts function to extend the life of the game.

Or you can wait a while till sales time ofc...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:36 am

I think I'll pick it up, but it'll be once it's available all in one hit (and probably a bit discounted as well)...
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:38 am

It will be interesting to see if people have the same reaction when playing all the episodes in one sitting. I think part of the success has been to ration the content out so that you have a break between missions and perhaps don't notice any repetition that may be occurring.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:55 am

I will let you know :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Still waiting until they're all done and released in a single affordable Steam sale package.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:21 pm

The secret is, don't play them all in one sitting ;). I picked it up a month ago and I've put around 8 hours into one map trying to do all the achievements. Only just moved onto the second (real) level. It's fantastic fun! Way easier than older hitman because you can save anywhere but also less frustrating. You don't feel as awesome at the end but I also don't think I have the drive to do it like I used to anymore so it's a fair trade.

Its fanfuckingtastic :mrgreen:
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:57 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:It will be interesting to see if people have the same reaction when playing all the episodes in one sitting. I think part of the success has been to ration the content out so that you have a break between missions and perhaps don't notice any repetition that may be occurring.

I agree - for me I've enjoyed coming back to it every month or two rather than doing all the missions in one long stretch. It's perfect filler for a night or two if you're in between games.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:50 pm

So what are the final thoughts on this game, worth getting? Is the story much cop or is it a case of just having fun doing the assassinations? It's currently £20 on Steam so thinking of picking it up.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:28 pm

If you've ever liked a Hitman game in the past, this is so very worth it. It's arguably the best the series has ever been.
And the story is... well, it's typical Hitman fare. A flimsy overarching narrative to send 47 globe trotting, but the levels themselves contain all kinds of fun narrative beats.

Let me know if you want something more in depth than simply saying "It's good!" :P

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Is each level just the one assassination?

Judge Rabbi

Postby Judge Rabbi » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:55 am

Grabbed Episode 1 and I think its well worth it. If you have the cash grab them all while they are cheap, although as mentioned above it is best to exhaust everything a level has to offer first before moving on. I stumbled across the vampire disguise on my first play-through in the mansion and that itself presents a whole new batch of interesting challenges to tackle on replay. Its chockablock full of things to do with plenty of NPC dialogue to overhear, giving little hints to the plot similar to the way it was handled in the old Hitman games.

Only negatives I can think of is the need for a beefy PC and shite music. Its totally uninspired. Yuck. Bleh.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:35 am

If the worst complain is the music, then you know you're on to something. Also, I'm not sure I even agree with that assessment. It's no Jesper Kyd banger, sure, but stealthily escaping a location and getting that "level complete" theme is awesome.
DjchunKfunK wrote:Is each level just the one assassination?
If you're only playing the story stuff, then you'll usually have two or more targets per-level to deal with. The game offers hints on how to get special kills, or you can turn of the help system and figure your out your own techniques within the sandbox.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:50 am

OK cheers I think I'll pick it up.

Judge Rabbi

Postby Judge Rabbi » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:37 pm

The music adds to certain events like discovering something or performing the hit. It lacks the signature themes from the old Hitman games that you end up remembering outside the game.

Kinda like how music is used in big budget movies now. I think this video better explains my grievances with modern music in new big budget media. But hey, thats just me.

(Oh God switch off the full hint system! Keep it off or on minimum if you have a hard time tracking what you are supposed to be doing!)

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:25 am

Bought this, played a for an hour then returned it. I've tried to like Hitman games over the years, but I just think they are not really for me.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action