Hitman - 2015 (Episode One now free!)

Shoot the shit.
Mantis
Admin

Hitman - 2015 (Episode One now free!)

Postby Mantis » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Announced a few days ago, I'm surprised nobody made a thread. Little to no details so far beyond an open letter from IO assuring us that this installment will follow more in the footsteps of the classic games rather than the dodgy Splinter Cell wannabe that was Absolution.

http://hitman.com/open-letter-to-hitman ... 617e91aed4

In the next game you will experience a globetrotting Agent 47 at the prime of his career – the apex predator stalking his prey across the world, with the support of his long-term handler Diana Burnwood and the whole of the ICA.

The game concentrates on the core Hitman fantasy of using a wide range of tools to take out a diverse group of targets across expansive, exotic locations around the world. We are building this game on the backbone of the Glacier 2 engine, using the best parts and what we have learnt through Hitman: Absolution and drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money to fulfil the core Hitman fantasy. That means we’re packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game. We’ve adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels. Our aim is to create living, breathing and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves.

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Hitman - The Next Installment (PC/Next Gen)

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Sounds more like it. If it's closer to Blood Money I'd definitely get it.
My face is tired.

Judge Rabbi

Postby Judge Rabbi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:33 am

IOI should get the Game Directors who did Contracts and Blood Money put in charge, or at least provide correct direction.

Because they bloody well know what makes Hitman good.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:36 pm

If they get Jesper Kyd back for the soundtrack then I won't wait for it to be on sale before buying.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed May 28, 2014 3:47 pm

*bump*

Hitman next gen concept art...

The studio said in a blog post: "This location is set in Central Europe and you'll be able to explore the entire building you see in the image, inside and out. For a sense of scale, the building on its own is larger than any location in Hitman Absolution."
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Judge Rabbi

Postby Judge Rabbi » Fri May 30, 2014 12:30 am

Ah, moving vehicles. Hope we can pull off stuff like this again.

Well maybe. I dunno.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri May 30, 2014 7:28 am

Wow that's a ballsier approach to that mission than I ever took!

I bounced off the last Hitman game, may go back and play it through just to see if I can squeeze some fun out of it at some point.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:04 pm

Seems like it's going to have a huge online element where the missions change every couple of days to keep the assassinations fresh. Interesting concept, works really well on Race The Sun but not sure how it's going to translate to a game like this.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:25 pm

This franchise died some time ago it needs to be left for dead and make some new IP.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:09 am

I've been left a bit confused by the messaging over this game. They keep saying that a digital release will be out in December and then going on to focus on the online side of the game. At the Square Press Conference last night they also talked about the singleplayer content for the first time. The way they keep saying it is a digital release first makes me think that the online stuff will come first and then the singleplayer stuff later? It seems strange that the whole game would only be released digitally.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:49 am

Anyone played the Hitman Sniper game on IOS? Is it more of the Sniper Challenge pre order thing from Absolution or is it just a straight up silent scope thing? I really really liked sniper challenge.

Also, Absolution wasnt a bad game. It was really quite good in its own right. It just wasnt Blood Money. Ive not bothered to SA Absolution right enough, like I totally did with all of 2 till Blood Money** and its one of the most satisfying things. I hope the new one is the shit.

**I may have missed a mission or two, cant quite recall all of them. Damn close to SAing them all for sure.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Yeah I agree. Absolution was a perfectly fine game but it wasn't a Hitman game. There was the odd Hitman-make-it-look-an-accident proper Hitman-ey levels but most it was sneaking behind cover...

I like the sound of this. Sounds like you'll have a map, pick the hits, execute then get monies which you then use to buy equipment/upgrades and unlock harder missions. I think..? If that's the case, deal me the fuck in.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Judge Rabbi

Postby Judge Rabbi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Absolution was a Hitman game where the plot became primary and the levels became limited by the constraints of the (crap) story. Because of that there weren't enough civilian area levels. I tried doing the Contracts mode with the facilities or levels where there is a security lockdown but it just becomes boring and drab compared to the great stuff we got with the previous Hitman games.

The new game must not be anchored with a plot that has me sneaking around some facility avoiding PMCs or Mercs or Security goons. More 'you have been invited to the grand opening!' followed by walking (not stuck shimming around walls crouched) around as a member of staff, and GET RID OF THAT STUPID SUSPICION CIRCLE FFS.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:02 pm

So yeah it sounds like IO and Square are going to be releasing the next Hitman as an Early Access game, but the are going to great lengths to say that it isn't Early Access.

On the 8th of December they will release the first chunk of the game and then throughout 2016 more locations, story missions and other content will be released. Also it will be download only to start with, but once all the content is complete there will be a retail version available. Sounds like Early Access to me.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... ccess-game
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:49 am

What a load of old shit!

Also, this is from the people who will have a hand in "remaking" Final Fantasy 7. That could well be the most sobering case of wankers remorse yet.
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Next

Return to FPS & Action