Lord of the Rings: Shadow of Mordor BUY, YOU FOOLS

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: Lord of the Rings: Shadow of Mordor BUY, YOU FOOLS

Postby Jez » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:52 pm

I don't feel epic in this. Second map branding like crazy having general fun with that. I feel overpowered which is different to feeling epic. The Lord of the rings should make you feel epic I think.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:02 am

I completed Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor yesterday at a whopping 72 hours. Not bad for a third person action game.

If you can find your way to pushing through once you reach the second map there's still loads of fun to be had and although you can start feeling a little overpowered with masses of Uruks under your command somehow I never found the game a push over still. Monolith should be 100% commended for making a game of this calibur after not making any true AAA games for all those years they come along and make something not only fairly unique in spite of many similarities to other games but one that also pushes the envelope of gaming with the Nemesis system. Currently gets my vote for my GOTY.

I had a blast from the moment I booted it up and the game just kept on giving from that point onwards. Bring on the DLC.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:43 am

I've finally gotten around to playing this over the last few days. Only about 5 6 hours in and I've barely made any progress into the story. Suffering from the same problem I did when playing Watch dogs of doing all side activities I can before touching the main quest.

Only real problem is that I'm still feeling a bit cack-handed with the control scheme. Spent hours with basic, functional and damn satisfying combat controls. Now that the second tier of abilities has unlocked, and I've all the points available to just buy them, I've kind of overwhelmed myself. Actually, I felt overwhelmed when I first started the game. After a tutorial which seemed more interested in story telling than teaching anything, the feeling of being dumped in the middle of the first map without solid knowledge of the controls, my first little while with the game was one of fumbling about like a buffoon.

All that said, I'm enjoying my time with the game and happily taking it at a slow pace. And I've still got the second map and all the branding and controlling stuff to look forward to. :D
End of an Era

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:04 am

1GB patch released...

New Features:
Lithariel Skin available.
Lithariel’s Trials of War “Test of Defiance” available. (Main Objective: Kill 6 Warchiefs and 15 captains. Lithariel has only one life. Death results in failure. Lithariel does more melee damage, but has less armor. You cannot save during this challenge. Quitting results in failure.)
New Epic rune granted to player’s inventory “Defiant to the End”. (Additional last chance given to player when equipped.)

PC Specific Features:
Nvidia SLI support.

Bug Fixes for all platforms:
Photo Mode: The controller drain/brand SFX persists when Photo Mode is up. Brand SFX no longer persist when pausing through photo mode during a drain or brand sequence.
Power of Shadow: The hood of the Black Hand's cloak in the front end appears covering half his face. Eye FX issue fixed for the Black Hand skin in the front end menu. Glowing eyes effect misplaced on Black Hand's face when dismissing title screen.
UI/VFX still show Talion as poisoned when One With Nature (Epic) Dagger Rune is equipped.
Player can receive duplicate Epic Runes by killing multiple captains with dispatch.
MOTD is not cycling after one rotation.

PC Specific Bug Fixes:
Improved messaging when game fails to launch.
Fixed issue with incorrect aspect ratio being used when changing resolution through the video options in windowed mode.
Added an option to expose FXAA as part of the motion blur settings.
Fixed issues with native resolution detection. The game will now use Windows “recommended” resolution.
Fixed issues with custom resolutions specified in Windows. Users no longer have to delete them.
Fixed in game benchmark starting too early.
Fixed not being able to skip benchmark load screen.
Improved benchmark output files located in “My Documents\WB Games\Shadow of Mordor\*.csv”.
In game VSync will now use NVIDIA’s adaptive sync when turned on. It will use NVIDIA’s Control Panel settings when turned off.
Fixed save game issue where starting new game on top of existing data didn’t clear skills purchased.
Fixed issue with WB Play where entering age under 18 on accident prevented player from ever accessing WB Play.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:43 pm

That's me finished. I want to say about 25 or so hours spent. Probably closer to 30.

Had a blast, but the ending was a bit so-so. Didn't really feel all that "hyped" you know? Just kind of happened without a huge amount of build up. I'm too accustomed to Lord of the Rings having loads of drawn out epilogues. :lol:

Got 100% in the stats as well, so there's not a huge incentive to go back at the moment. Will wait and see what the DLC looks like before considering the season pass.
End of an Era

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:58 pm

In total agreement that the ending just felt 100% tacked on and a set up to whatever game follows on. Sure was a hell of a ride getting there though.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Shadow of Mordor gets the 'back to full price with some shit tacked on' edi...err 'game of the year' treatment.

Out May 8th with all of the post-release DLC including The Lord of The Hunt and The Bright Lord story packs, a range of character skins, some additional runes and missions as well as extra challenge modes.

They've also added a photo mode.

Previous

Return to FPS & Action