The Division Announced for PC

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: The Division Announced for PC

Postby Jez » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:23 pm

still think you would enjoy BF1 personally. PUBG didnt sit well with me either after a short while.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:56 pm

Yeah thats the temptation mate, I know that if you like it, chances are I will see all the same goodness, so a buy is still an option :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:16 pm

I don't know when you last played the Division Snowy, but they have reduced the time-to-kill by quite a bit. Takes much less ammo to kill enemies now than it did in year one.

I can understand where people are coming from when they say they wished the Division was something else, but personally I'm happy that someone took a bash at making Diablo with guns. The Division gets a lot of stick, but I think it does the loot shooter thing much better than the original Destiny did and from what I have played of the new update it's more fun to play than Destiny 2 was.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Think you're right with saying that DJ. It was good that someone tried doing it. I think on the whole that they made a great setting but the gameplay weaknesses were just a bit difficult to swallow...the bullet sponges thing especially for me. I remember being massively looking forwards to this releasing and yeah I got a good 40 hours out of it which were mostly enjoyable, but looking back I was disappointed that it didn't hold my attention for longer.

It pretty much told me that these sorts of loot based games aren't my thing.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:37 pm

I played it with (if memory serves) a PW-ite and their son for an hour or so a few months back. My level 30 gear which had been perfectly good when I previously played was now hopelessly outmoded, and I was hand-held through a few missions to get something approaching useful kit, but was still way off when we quit.

It isn't a bad game by any means, but for someone who loves tactical co-operative games over all others, the choice of direction was the worst they could have taken for me personally. I could never get past constantly wishing they had made it like in my view it should have been made - a co-op tactical shooter. The premise, the setting, everything was perfect and then they turned it into an MMO/ARPG/Cover shooter hybrid.

But I am still up for a co-op playthrough - because we will have a laugh. It isn't what I wanted, and it is a huge miss for me, but it isn't a bad game. Hope that makes some sense :D

Edit: You can stick the dark zone right up your arse though :D

STuG

Postby STuG » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:08 pm

Go to DZ09 (the area around the radio tower landmark) as a tourist though just to soak in the atmosphere once at least.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 am

Snowy wrote:I played it with (if memory serves) a PW-ite and their son for an hour or so a few months back.

Possibly me and mine, vaguely rings a bell.

I still think Diablo 3 gets it spot on. I gring for gear (and enjoy it) but I can feel the difference in gear levels. When it gets too easy I up the difficulty, when I bored of that I drop it back down so I can pwn everything for fun. But the thing is, if I stayed at the same difficulty level I can feel the difference. Destiny 2 and The Division both have enemies that appear to level with you so you never feel any progress.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Rusty wrote:
Snowy wrote:I played it with (if memory serves) a PW-ite and their son for an hour or so a few months back.

Possibly me and mine, vaguely rings a bell.

Could well have been Rusty - if I recall the conversation your son loves it while you are ambivalent, but enjoy the opportunity to co-op with him.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:27 am

Indeed, a massively missed but fun opportunity. I love the setting and style.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:56 am

So this has had a bit of a renaissance for me, been playing more over the last few weeks and thoroughly enjoying myself. I have been getting a sneaky MMO fix without the need for a subscription or raids that last hours, completing daily hard missions and the like as well as exploring all the new stuff, doing side missions, hunting down named adversaries etc.

Then yesterday I ran into a nice Polish fella who asked me and another nice French fella if we would like to go to the highest tier world option (the world can be run in one of 5 tiers based upon your gear) in order to hoover up some high level kit. We both agreed and spent about the next 2 hours bouncing from place to place picking off named spawns which dropped tasty lewts, resulting in my now having a gear score of 275, up from about 170 (with the maximum being 286). Now I know that my gear is not the ideal sets, nor has it been optimised at all, so despite the number I am probably some way behind the curve of the top geared folks, but I can now run missions on all four difficulty levels (Normal, Hard, Challenging, Legendary) which is nice. Also when I play the daily missions, I take a lot more damage than before as well as dishing it out like a boss.

Having a lot of fun. Co-op anyone?

STuG

Postby STuG » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:00 pm

I am 'Roobarb' on Uplay as in the yellow cartoon dog of a certain vintage...

I am on erratically as gaming time these days is a valuable rare thing, but i do have some time off from next week to allow me to be active.

Previous

Return to FPS & Action