Snowy - bring it !

Just beat your Telsa score...muhahaha ! :twisted:

Fancy a head to head one evening. I am pretty dandy on the old pinball
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Re: Pinball FX2

Postby Snowy » Thu May 16, 2013 11:46 am

Haha was gonna pop in and say I had this.

Not surprised you have beaten my score, I think I have managed a whole 30 mins at the PC since I bought it ;)

Will be battering your score soon enough, and you can always see when I am online on Steam (even if I may be AFK...) so happy for a game.

Bought the Star Wars pack btw.

EDIT: Bought yours too.

Oh, and consider yourself pwnt.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu May 16, 2013 11:10 pm

I have the Star Wars tables on my iPad and will pick these up next month

Every month a new set of tables

btw - just doubled your Shaman score :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri May 17, 2013 8:10 am

Didn't get on with the Shaman table very well. It is a shag,

I really like the views which follow the ball closely, but they reduce your reaction time as you can't always see the flippers so tend to end up having to play on the 'looking down' view that you would have playing a physical table.

Loving each of the Star Wars ones too, three belters there.

So no other pinball players on here?

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri May 17, 2013 8:54 am

I might have a look at this later.

Is it a proper pinball game at heart? I've only seen a few seconds of some clips of the game - with giant figures fighting eachother...which has put me off a bit.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri May 17, 2013 9:05 am

Emphatically yes. It takes the fact that it is a computer table rather than the real thing and adds elements to some tables that could not happen in reality, but that is (in my view) just making the most of the medium.

For example, in one of the Star Wars tables, if you hit enough targets Darth Vader comes up out of the table and will destroy any pinballs that come close, increasing the score while he is there. Or take the story mission (an unlock like on a real table) where a TIE fighter and a couple of asteroids appear moving near a ramp that you have to clear three times without bouncing off them. It allows some other neat touches too - on the Boba Fett table, if you enable it the Boba Fett who stands on the table fittings throughout will use his grapple to pull your ball back into play if it is going out.

These are embellishments though, if you are a keen irl pinball player you will feel right at home with this one - it is all about ramp combos, accuracy, all the things you get in a real table, and each table is good. You get the same learning curve you get when playing a new irl table, the ball physics are spot on, it is a really well observed pinball game basically.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri May 17, 2013 9:08 am

I played Pinball Dreams to death on the Amiga, but to be honest I haven't played one since then. How much is this?
My face is tired.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri May 17, 2013 9:13 am

a set of 4 tables is about £6

If you are not sure wait for a sale

Like Snowy I love Pinball (reminds me of days as a kid playing pinball on summer holidays) and these tables are great fun. For more authentic tables Pinball HD has been greenlight on Steam and will be coming out soon.

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri May 17, 2013 9:32 am

Snowy wrote:Emphatically yes. It takes the fact that it is a computer table rather than the real thing and adds elements to some tables that could not happen in reality, but that is (in my view) just making the most of the medium.

For example, in one of the Star Wars tables, if you hit enough targets Darth Vader comes up out of the table and will destroy any pinballs that come close, increasing the score while he is there. Or take the story mission (an unlock like on a real table) where a TIE fighter and a couple of asteroids appear moving near a ramp that you have to clear three times without bouncing off them. It allows some other neat touches too - on the Boba Fett table, if you enable it the Boba Fett who stands on the table fittings throughout will use his grapple to pull your ball back into play if it is going out.

These are embellishments though, if you are a keen irl pinball player you will feel right at home with this one - it is all about ramp combos, accuracy, all the things you get in a real table, and each table is good. You get the same learning curve you get when playing a new irl table, the ball physics are spot on, it is a really well observed pinball game basically.

Okay, sounds good then. I haven't played a proper computer pinball game since Pinball Fantasies on the Amiga.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri May 17, 2013 9:36 am

May give it a spin. Quick question, is it something you can play one-handed, eg if you have a small sleeping human pressed to your chest? It would be good to have more games I can play while doing that, bit bored of Bejewelled :)
My face is tired.

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri May 17, 2013 9:37 am

What's the best pack to start off with?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri May 17, 2013 10:12 am

I grabbed the Star Wars one initially, just because I like Star Wars really. The tables in that pack are really good, but you only get 3. I bought the Zen Classics pack of 4 on the back of AE's baiting.

To be honest they are all so well made I can see myself gobbling up the lot over time, but if you want direct competition with AE and I, the Zen Classics pack is the one to go for.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri May 17, 2013 10:14 am

Sly Boots wrote:May give it a spin. Quick question, is it something you can play one-handed, eg if you have a small sleeping human pressed to your chest? It would be good to have more games I can play while doing that, bit bored of Bejewelled :)

Pretty sure you can remap the keys (I am using an xbox controller), and you only need four (launch, flip left, flip right, nudge) so you could pop them on the cursor keys and be up and running. Maybe stick the viewchange on Numpad0 and thats you ready to rock.

Achtung Englander wrote:Like Snowy I love Pinball (reminds me of days as a kid playing pinball on summer holidays) and these tables are great fun. For more authentic tables Pinball HD has been greenlight on Steam and will be coming out soon.

I used to run paintball sites and laser arenas back when I were young, and we always had a table or two that I would have the keys to. The levels of competition that we used to have in one of the laser arenas was intense, far more bragging rights from the pinball than from pwning one another in the arena!
Last edited by Snowy on Fri May 17, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri May 17, 2013 10:15 am

Cool, I'll grab the zen one first and maybe get the others on a deal.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri May 17, 2013 10:17 am

Cool - well the current challenge then (lets set some targets here!) is the Tesla table.

Will be online after work if anyone wants to hook up for some online games (with comms ofc...)?

Next

Return to FPS & Action