Mass Effect 4 - Andromeda [PC, PS4, XBone]

Shoot the shit.
Subway Diet

Re: Mass Effect 4 - Andromeda [PC, PS4, XBone]

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:53 pm

Yeah. I get the sense that the "heavy critique" they're talking about is not review scores. "The Internet" was brutal towards this game.
I'm trying to think... might this be one of the first big-budget games to be killed by YouTube? There was the backlash against Infinite Warfare, but that didn't kill the franchise.
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
DjchunKfunK wrote:Considering the general reaction Sly I don't think it is that surprising. You might have enjoyed it, but the general feeling about the game is it's not that great.

Going by the majority of comments I've seen, generally people who played it enjoyed it. I think this is more due to the fact that the negative buzz created by stuff like 'my face is tired' (and that remains shit) and some funny walking animations put many people off even buying it to begin with and this decision is the result of poor sales.

Certainly that was the initial issue, but I've read and listened to a fair bit of stuff about how the game itself is just not very good. To be honest, here is the only place I have seen mostly positive opinions about the game. :)
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:04 pm

The game is perfectly fine for the most part and personally my own issues have only truly come about because I'm running the game on less than minimum specs like a complete tool. If it proved anything it proved that people will literally buy into any DO NOT BUY THIS GAME shit stirring pot without so much as a second thought if only because a few examples of unfinished animations and glitches are represented in a video. That and memes. Something may I add you can pull from most newly released PC games if you look hard enough. I will even openly admit I myself succumbed to this for a short while posting up a video of the game failing on multiple levels but then I digged deeper and watched a couple of gameplay videos that had me thinking y'know that doesn't actually look so bad and ended up purchasing it. I don't regret my purchase either.

We are far too easily swayed sometimes if presented with enough 'evidence' that a game is a miserable failure and I do think that it was taken way way too far when it came to Andromeda, so much so that it wasn't even funny any longer. It was just sad. It made me sad. Because it was simply unforgiving on a scale few games have had to contend with previous. Yes mistakes were clearly made and yes valuable lessons learned and rightly so especially when you hear the game was somehow cobbled together in an 18 month period by a very much inexperienced group but I digress. Anyone and I do mean anyone who gives it the chance it deserves will find themselves equally rewarded as they journey further and further into what it has to offer.

To say it killed off the franchise is something I'm not accepting of. To say it didn't stand a chance once those early Origin Access stories and videos came about is clear to see.
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:16 pm

I liked this game for the most part taken on its own merits . However when I compare it to Witcher 3 a largely similar game type it pales away to insignificance in almost every way barring combat.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:48 pm

It's not perfect, and I don't think anyone would sensibly try to argue otherwise. But for those willing to look past a few rough edges there's a lot of fun to be had with Andromeda. I'd have certainly bought a sequel.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:01 am

Bioware has come out and discredited the rumour... though (tellingly?) they've not gone as far as confirming whether MEA will be getting any DLC...

http://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-kiboshes ... ion-rumor/
My face is tired.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:06 am

Kotaku: Mass Effect Andromeda wont get single-player DLC

Yesterday, a widely shared Facebook post claimed that BioWare had cancelled Mass Effect: Andromeda’s downloadable content. The good news: that Facebook post was a hoax. The bad news: they guessed correctly. Mass Effect: Andromeda will indeed not be receiving any single-player DLC, three people familiar with BioWare’s plans have told me.
Still hearsay, but sources are saying there's a lot of truth behind the rumour.
End of an Era

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:40 am

10-hour free trial now available to everyone via Origin.

Let the hate-fest commence :lol:

Seriously, it's a decent game with much fun to be had if you go in with an open mind. I hope people who've been holding off until now will give it a whirl.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:48 am

I'll certainly give the demo a go.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Well worth a go mate.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Played the demo for three hours so far, haven't even left the space station thing ¬_¬

It looks like they've fixed some of the animation although I'm using default Man Ryder who wasn't so badly affected in the first place. Despite having fixed the tired face woman, her hair hovers a few millimetres about her head :-k Is everyone on the nexus a twat for the entire game?
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:20 am

Yes.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:27 am

I quite liked the krogan security officer who hates everyone else.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:14 pm

A few quick thoughts.

-Combat is quite good fun, I like being able to jump and hover in the air.
-Animations seem to be OK apart from the eyes on a few people which move around a lot, espcially Ryder.
-The death of a certain character is delt with rather poorly and the story in general doesn't feel like much cop so far, but I am only a little way in.

Overall it seems decent, will need to see what you do on a planet once I get off the Citadel to know whether it is a game I would want to play more of.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:20 pm

If you've not already done so, try out combat as a vanguard during the free trial. Personally think it's the most enjoyable play-style.
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action